SundownZ71 Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 So, I have 2 SA-15's in a 8 cube box tuned to 28hz on 1500 watts (for now). Box's bandwidth is 23-50+, and for the power it gets nasty. Recently started to notice the subs get stinky 2-3 minutes in when playing some songs with lows like 26-29hz. I have the gains set with a dd-1, so I don't think that I'm clipping. I have no bass boost or any eq on. I'm also not playing too much under tuning so I don't think that would cause them to get stinky, but I'm not sure. Any help or ideas would be great, thanks in advance.
Kyblack76 Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 set with what over lap ? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
SundownZ71 Posted April 21, 2015 Author Report Posted April 21, 2015 How new are the subs?Got them 4 months ago
SundownZ71 Posted April 21, 2015 Author Report Posted April 21, 2015 set with what over lap ?The -5 track, that's "suggested" when you listen to decaf or other cleaned up, boosted & slowed songs
Kyblack76 Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 set with what over lap ?The -5 track, that's "suggested" when you listen to decaf or other cleaned up, boosted & slowed songs Good deal... Maybe teh FS of the sa's are not ment to play 25hz ? tuning is just that.... roll off..... i dunno.. turn it up till you burn it up i guess... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
SundownZ71 Posted April 21, 2015 Author Report Posted April 21, 2015 set with what over lap ?The -5 track, that's "suggested" when you listen to decaf or other cleaned up, boosted & slowed songs Good deal...Maybe teh FS of the sa's are not ment to play 25hz ? tuning is just that.... roll off..... i dunno.. turn it up till you burn it up i guess... I've had people tell me that same thing, I had a 4th order bandpass before the box I have now that played nasty low too and they never got stinky a single bit, it was too big for the reason I got rid of it, shouldn't have lol.
DubNDodge Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 Just because you tune with the dd.1, doesn't mean that all songs are going to be clip free. I'd put money on it that you're clipping. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Kyblack76 Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
deathcards Posted April 21, 2015 Report Posted April 21, 2015 whats your voltage looking like 3 minutes into those songs skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.