Sonic Electronix

well that will largely depend on how you are planning on making that power. a single 4k amp at 1ohm won't have the same requirements as a 2k amp at .5ohms

give us the amps and voice coil configs and someone can help you out.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Strapped at 2ohm. So 1ohm on each amp. I may try lower load down the road after my electrical is stronger.

dual .5s then for subs? that will get really low real quick.

or do you mean reconing?

Either way I hope someone who knows how to calculate draw will help with your alt question, I should have said from the beginning I don't know how to do it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Plan for the max current demand you could possibly see even though it's very unlikely to ever be that high.

4k at 14 volts Is 285 amps of current the lower your voltage go's the higher the current demand is.

This also isn't accounting for many other things so.....

Also typical car audio math in here, 1300 + 1300= 4000.

Even if you bought a 4k you'll never get 4k out of it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Looks like 1500w per sub, 3,000w is what he is going to get if he can maintain 14v while both amps are pulling power, but that is not going to happen on a 105A stock alternator is what they are saying. You need something like a 260A alternator to maintain a system like that. You will need a lot more than just an extra battery to supply the juice you need for a system like that. Instead of putting more money into wiring, you need to start looking around for a quality high output alternator.

If sticking with the 105 amp alt you'll need a bigger alt to do 4k IMO Based on 240 ah and your alt you'd be fine for a 2k build at best but it wouldn't be ideal to only have that much power at tap.

Archived