Testing amps on alt

Ill put some pics up today after work

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Okay so I got a clamp meter. I dont really not how to test it. I put my mutli on the batt and the clamp on alt power wire to batt the highest I seen the amps go was 132 and my voltage went down to mid 13s.

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Okay so I got a clamp meter. I dont really not how to test it. I put my mutli on the batt and the clamp on alt power wire to batt the highest I seen the amps go was 132 and my voltage went down to mid 13s.

So whats the problem ?

if your voltage would drop, your amperage will increase...

if your holding over battery rest.... whats the issue?????

you dont have enough draw to really test it.. you need a machine for that but by the looks of it the alt is beast.. 130a at idle i assume?

I just put a song on and turned it up. My gain is at 1/4 on amp and when bass hit that is the highest I seen the amps on alt go. Maby need a better way to test I thought 130 was low for a dc270xp alt at idle

I just put a song on and turned it up. My gain is at 1/4 on amp and when bass hit that is the highest I seen the amps on alt go. Maby need a better way to test I thought 130 was low for a dc270xp alt at idle

your holding over battery...

that means.. your NOT making the alt work..........and 130 on music, at idle is fucking good...

Look back at what i said about "bench" and reality" ... i mean, they BENCH it at 180 or so eh??? thats PERFECT CONDITION FULL LOAD...

not a amp in your car.

you expect way to much from all your gear...

dont do that to the people around you......on a side note

reality is even worse there....

you need a load bank to really test it.. 130 is already doing better than many companies

fuck ya it is....

on music ? him.. "just playing a song"

play a tone where you peak, and it will go up...

but.... anyway..

REV THE FUCKING THING UP IF YOU NEED.... lol...

If you look back I told you your alt will only put out what's asked of it.

Clamp the power wire to your amp and see how much current it's pulling.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived