07 and up GM vehicles alternator questions

So I have a 08 escalade ext and I know that's the alt is pcm regulated. If I was to go with a Aftermarket alternator what would be a better option. Where it's pcm regulated or have the alt non pm regulated.. Cons or pros of each system? I tried looking for topics but I couldn't find it??

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Stick with the PCM regulator unless you're competing or absolutely need to have 14.4 volts all of the time. The only advantage of using and external regulator is it keeps the alternator voltage at a constant level. The PCM is designed to lower the voltage when the battery doesn't need charging so as to save fuel consumption.

I'm running a Mechman 270 with the PCM regulator and I don't have any issues. The voltage does drop to the low 13s but that doesn't mean that its not producing enough amperage. As long as you have a few good batteries and keep them fully charged you'll be fine.

You can also talk to the guys as Missing Link Audio, they know all about these GM charging systems and can build you a specialty regulator.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

What he said ^^^

I remember my buddy got his Avy done years and years ago, like 6/7 years ago and DC power told him to get a MLA, been running like that for this long with zero issues.

I'll go ahead and add that he has a dual alt set up

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I don't have a problem, '09 with pcm.

PCM basically does nothing when its cold and alt acts like a normal alt since the batts are cold. Only time I ever charge lower is when it's hot as balls out, and even then if you need it, turn the headlights on and usually that will force it back up to at leas 14-14.6v on my car.

Okay good stuff here wasn't too sure but guess I'll go with the pcm now to sell this other alternator lol

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I agree with Baron of Bass. Add the dual alternator bracket. I have 07 Escalade. I added a dual with a 240 alternator and I am so happy with the setup. I don't have to worry about affecting the factory charging

You can also try to keep the voltage from dropping by shielding the batteries under the hood from the engine heat. Cool batteries means higher voltage. B)

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I want to do a dual Alt set up but later on in the future

why does everyone say stay pcm? b Because of the type of vehicle? I have a 06 mazdaspeed 6 thats normally pcm, but singer alts are the only company that makes one for my car. In my situation i bypassed the pcm, now it charges at 14.8 but goes down to 14.2 or slightly less when warm. I may talk to mike about getting a xs vcm.

Archived