Car not starting, where to begin

it's been a little while since I drove my focus. i tried starting it a few weeks back and nothing. i figured it was bad fuel in the tank, so i removed it and place fresh fuel. i changed the oil, changed the spark plugs, changed the oil filter, and charged the battery. I go to start the car and it cranks but doesn't turn over. i spray some brake parts cleaner to hopefully get the "bad" fuel in the fuel line to combust. it did turn over for a few seconds but than killed. today i put my flasher on the computer thinking maybe it's throwing a code, sure enough it is throwing code P0602. this code says it's a failed PCM communication code. i proceed to clear the code than re-flash a tune to the PCM. it is still throwing this code and it's turning over. what options do I have to fix this? anyone encountered this code? how did you fix it? is there something else that i'm missing?

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have consistent fuel pressure when cranking?

Maybe try a different key. I have seen on some cars the immobilizer somehow lost programming.

When you say "re-flash a tune" do you mean like a after market tuner or stock O.E flash. There have been a few TSB's for the engine and trans needing to be re-flashed together.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well you need 3 things for a car to run... Air, Fuel, and Spark.

Clean air filter? Clean throttle body? Nothings caught up inside them?

What's your fuel pressure at the rails? They have kits you can attach and measure your psi to see if its in spec. I'm not sure what yours would be but there's a ton of free service manuals out there for free. You claimed you added new fuel, and changed the filter so that's good. Maybe the new fuel hasn't made its' way to the engine yet and your still trying to ignite bad fuel.

What about a compression test?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

maybe the fuel pump? i know on my jiimy you could hear it when turning the key half way on, when it went out it you tun the key and it wouldnt make noise

I'm thinking fuel pump as well. To be sure I would say just take it to ford and have them do a diagnostic on it to tell you what is wrong rather than wasting more money on it. At least this way you will know for sure what is wrong. Pay them the diagnostic fee and then go change the part yourself.

Archived