Ok to run different size batteries?

I have tried to find an answer, but couldn't. I have an xs power d3400 under the hood, and a mechman 240a alternator. I will be upgrading to 3200 watts at half ohm and I want to make sure that the batteries I will put in the back will all work fine together. In the back I will have an xs power xp3000, kinetik hc1400, and a kinetik hc1800. The resting voltages are all a little different on them. The xp3000 rests at 12.9, the hc1400 rests at 12.7, and the hc1800 rests at 12.4. They were all fully charged and then left over night, and then tested with my voltmeter.

1) will having different resting voltages have any sort of negative effect on the batteries?

2) will having different group size batteries cause any problems?

Thank you very much for any input.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

keep charging that battery till it rest higher.. 12.4 is on the low side and the battery might be on its way out

also you should load test them.. resting voltage is one thing and how much they can handle is another.. seen batteries rest at 12.8 but fail a load test

The different resting voltages can potentially cause problems, that's why mixing SLA and AGM batteries isn't recommended. It takes weeks for batteries with different resting voltages to "see-saw" the voltages back and forth and drain them though, so if this is a daily driver, meaning the batteries are charged daily it won't really be an issue.

If this is a vehicle that sits for long periods it could be a concern, but that could be easily remedied by putting it on a maintenance charger when parked.

Ok, well after a couple of days off of the charger, the kinetil hc1800 has dropped to 12.28v.... does this seem too low now? just bought it off of a friend for $50 so im not out much if its not recommended to use in this state. thank you

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

just got them tested. the hc1800 is no good.

I know everyone says if you have to ask, then dont run half ohm, but i really think i have the electrical to back it up. i just want to make sure.

I have a mechman 240A alternator, xs power d3400 up front, 2 runs of 1/0 gauge sky high to the back to an xs power xp3000 and a kinetik hc1400. will be powering about 3k at half ohm

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

only one way to find out. if your equipment is solid then it should turn itself off before the problem becomes a real issue.

Personally ive ran my m3b at .25 while testing...... on 2 batts and a 80 amp alternator.....

if the equipment is solid, and you arent a complete idiot and actually test first and watch your equipment, you should be fine. worst that can happen is you have to wire back up.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

just got them tested. the hc1800 is no good.

I know everyone says if you have to ask, then dont run half ohm, but i really think i have the electrical to back it up. i just want to make sure.

I have a mechman 240A alternator, xs power d3400 up front, 2 runs of 1/0 gauge sky high to the back to an xs power xp3000 and a kinetik hc1400. will be powering about 3k at half ohm

then do it

if it works.. good deal.. if it smokes.. you knew..

Struggle why people ask if they hold the noose, will anyone not tighten it......

Its on you.. Make the call. (if its worth it to you... only you know man)

only one way to find out. if your equipment is solid then it should turn itself off before the problem becomes a real issue.

Personally ive ran my m3b at .25 while testing...... on 2 batts and a 80 amp alternator.....

if the equipment is solid, and you arent a complete idiot and actually test first and watch your equipment, you should be fine. worst that can happen is you have to wire back up.

testing is cute....

did you run that daily ?

or you one of those burp only (and im at .0004 guys ?) just wondering.

Archived