Sonic Electronix

Subwoofers aren't playing anymore.

They were working fine one minute, turned the car off and talked to some buddies in the parking lot for a couple mins, turned the car back on and next minute i didn't have any bass.

Subs aren't stiff or making any noise when I press on them, amp is getting power, reading ohms etc.

Reset the head unit, made sure all the settings were right.

All fuses are fine.

Took it to the local stereo store and they tested everything and said the only thing really to do is to take it out and bench test it.

Any ideas before I tear it out and have them test it?

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Check all wiring and connections, you might have to pull the subs to check the wiring on them also.

Don't rule anything out until you have checked it to be 100% certain it works.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Thanks for the replies.

Pulled the head unit out today to check if the cigarette lighter was plugged in and while I did I made sure the RCA's were in all the way. I'll check all the connections this week and possibly pull the subs out. I'm hoping I don't have to because I had to build the box in the trunk so I wired everything first then closed up the box.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Thanks for the replies.

Pulled the head unit out today to check if the cigarette lighter was plugged in and while I did I made sure the RCA's were in all the way. I'll check all the connections this week and possibly pull the subs out. I'm hoping I don't have to because I had to build the box in the trunk so I wired everything first then closed up the box.

What does your cig lighter have to do with any of this? Are you using it as a turn on lead for your amp? You can just check for voltage on the RCA's just dont hot swap them

Archived