Help fix my voltage (bigmizzle99's Altima)!! UPDATE: Solved!

If it's pcm controlled you'll need a sensor to bypass it.

Hey thanks...have you ever heard or seen such a device?

If you get a HO alt from singer he would tell you and take care of you, but as far your problem your alt must be going bad or battery, 10.9 is way too low. Lowest mine ever went is 12.9 while the car is running and I'm pcm controlled.

Ok...I figured out the issue...I used my DMM and measured before starting car to see what voltage of battery was resting...12.45V...up front at battery and back in trunk. Check.

Started car and measured at battery and at alternator feed...13.9-14.4V. Check. Measured in trunk at buss bars and on amp input terminals....same 13.9-14.4V . Check. However the voltmeter in car consistently showing less. Can only be one thing (as I pick up ground and power for the voltmeter in the trunk where the amps are)

The +12V accessory wire! I connected that to the remote +12V right off the amp to turn on and off. I think I've been measuring the remote lead's voltage!!!...the wiring instructions of the voltmeter (I now beleive) have the +12V accessory wire and the battery voltage measuring wires switched !! I switched things around and was measuring voltage that matched the DMM voltage.

Made in China. Gotta love it. Might have to switch to a VM-1. FML

Good find man. Most of the time is stuff u over see or the simplest thing.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived