Viper 5901 remote pairing help

So long story short. I pulled the batteries to swap the xs in and the remotes stopped pairing to my alarm. Went through the pairing ritual and no dice. It doesn't appear that the brain is picking up the commands. im starting to brainstorm what could be wrong. I checked ground it visually appears good and untouched. I do not have the toggle switch plugged into the brain. My hood pin was loose when I did the batteries so I'm not sure if that could be the issue or not. I'm way out of the loop on this stuff anymore. It's been installed since 08 so I don't know why it would stop now and the first thing to look for. Any help?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

when you say toggle switch, I assume your talking about the push button programming switch and not the remote start on/off switch right? I would definitely try to program with that...Also, my viper has had issues in the past when I've unhooked just the negative battery cable and reinstalled it. Would be non-responsive until I unscrewed both positive and negative and reinstalled. I doubt the hoodpin is the issue, usually it will just stick or not make a connection which "tricks" the brain into thinking the hood is still down. I would also check your antenna. If it's mounted to the top of the glass, I've seen those wires start losing insulation if they sit in the sun and have the bare wire exposed; if they are bent, they can be crossing each other. Just some things that have happened to me....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Nope I'm talking about the remote start toggle switch. I don't have it in the vehicle. I pulled both under hood batteries so at one point there was no vehicle electrical. My first thought was its the antenna or antenna lead but it has been where it is since 2009. It's not in the sun either. And seems weird that it would happen right after I pulled the batteries. I just can't get it to respond using the button on the antenna and wasn't sure if I was missing something or not

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I haven't had my 5901 in two years so might not be much help but I know it should not unpair just by unhooking batteries for a bit. Is the alarm going into pairing mode for sure? I believe it chirps x number of time to confirm.

Edit: I beleive the remotes can be reset if you hold the lock and unlock button while plugged in. Would have to look at the manual.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

No the alarm is not going into pair mode I get no feedback from the alarm and I didn't when I disconnected the batteries which is weird. Usually it goes nuts when plugged back in

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I don't think hood pin would matter. I know I programmed mine with the hood open at times. Also don't think the remote start switch effects anything other than remote starting but I always had mine zip tied in the dash. Did you install it or a shop? I do remember that if it was programmed with a bitwriter features could be locked out without using one.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I did it so no bit writer I'm thinking the antenna isn't getting signal. Maybe it came unplugged when I was diggin in the kick. I actually think it worked after the battery swap looking back

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

hood shouldnt matter, all that will do is trigger the alarm is hood is opened, or disable remote start when hood is open.

Its most likely antenna, but hard to say..

Have you tried deleting the current remote from your alarm first prior to pairing it.

It may see that its the same remote and already paired so its not letting you.

Not really sure.

I have directechs access if you need it as well.

Brian I can't get it into program mode which leads me to believe it's antenna but of course there's really no way to test that. I he intentions of mounting woofers today but I held off because of this

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived