TrunkMuzik Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Is 5/8" MDF thick enough for a box? Its 1.6 cubes, ported. sub will be a SA-12 on 800 rms Without music, life would be an error
Mr DeeBeez Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 If you use it, I would make sure to brace it really well. But I think that should be fine. Fi Team 18's (4) Crossfire 16k Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4 Pioneer AVH-X491bhs 140ah cmax CES 320's (2)
TrunkMuzik Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 If you use it, I would make sure to brace it really well. But I think that should be fine. Whats the best method of bracing for a box that size? Without music, life would be an error
Mr DeeBeez Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 I always just use inch and a half wooden dowels. Can be found at local hardware store for like $5 for a 4 foot piece. One front to back, and on top to bottom should be good. Also, the port acts like some bracing as well. So it should be fine. Fi Team 18's (4) Crossfire 16k Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4 Pioneer AVH-X491bhs 140ah cmax CES 320's (2)
dsw422 Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 What kind of wooden dowel? Oak, poplar, ect?? 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Mr DeeBeez Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Don't think it makes much of a difference. I'll check when I get home what kind I have. Fi Team 18's (4) Crossfire 16k Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4 Pioneer AVH-X491bhs 140ah cmax CES 320's (2)
Joe X Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Is 5/8" MDF thick enough for a box? Its 1.6 cubes, ported. sub will be a SA-12 on 800 rms Why would you want to go with 5/8" wood?
TrunkMuzik Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 Why not, Joe? That's what I asked in the first place... Without music, life would be an error
cgrez33 Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 You could probably go with less bracing if you use 3/4th MDF. Current Build: 1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon Previous Build(s): Crossfire Magnum 5k Pontiac G6 GT
SnowDrifter Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 How much do you have? Double it up and it will absolutely be strong enough ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.