Joe X Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Why not, Joe? That's what I asked in the first place... It will not be significantly smaller or lighter or cheaper, certainly it will not be stiffer. If you add bracing you alredy worked more/spent more. I just wouldn't bother.
TrunkMuzik Posted May 13, 2015 Author Report Posted May 13, 2015 That's what I already have. So no, I wouldn't spend more Without music, life would be an error
TrunkMuzik Posted May 13, 2015 Author Report Posted May 13, 2015 Not enough to double it up Snowdrifter. Maybe enough for a double front baffle. Maybe even the back doubled as well Without music, life would be an error
Joe X Posted May 13, 2015 Report Posted May 13, 2015 I don't think you will have a problem, just add a couple of crossbraces and double up what you can, at least the baffle.
CleanSierra Posted May 14, 2015 Report Posted May 14, 2015 Do shelf bracing, fuck dowel bracing it's crap. Google yourself some pics of shelf window bracing for a subwoofer enclosure. THAT would be an acceptable option. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted May 14, 2015 Report Posted May 14, 2015 ^ Single SA-12 Dowel bracing still sucks with the wood most guys use. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Karkov Posted May 14, 2015 Report Posted May 14, 2015 If it were me I would just go with 3/4" MDF and call it a day. brace it also. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.