Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

Shit has been nuts around here. Life stuff, you know how it goes.

I cannot wait to get back to that stuff. I have a pretty solid plan now, so I'm anxious to get back at it, but this mechanical part had to come first. But it'll be well worth the wait. I know, I say that alot, and I haven't shown much, so I'll just leave it there and start showing progress as it happens. But I can assure everyone, it's going to happen!

Not sure how much in the way of pictures I'll be taking of this portion, other than a before and after, but when I get back to audio, for sure they'll be coming.

bout damn time good luck

Thanks, it's been slow going but going.

All of that work would involve a whole lot of rusted bolts up here. Down there im sure you will have a much easier time lol

Yeah, not too bad at all really. A few bolts that needed some help from a 24" 1/2" drive breaker bar, but other than that, my new Milwaukee 1/2" 18v impact wrench has pretty much been up to the job.

What page details the helper bag stuff, scott?

Going to be running a kit on my truck soon...

I don't think I logged too many details on it. I think that was a quick install that I didn't take many pictures of. But it's a pretty straight forward process. What kit do you have?

A little update: I got stuck last night, and had to run around looking for a socket about 3/4 the size of my hand to get the damn pitman nut off, but I found it and finally got that apart. Now I can get that redhead steering box in. The glow plugs are well within sight and those shouldn't be too tough. After that should be back to smooth sailing. HOPEFULLY!! I'm already finished with the rear, except for the brake stuff.

You will see that only a couple of things are checked off of the "Front" list, but that doesn't tell the story of all the work that's gone into it taking things off and getting down to a point where I can start re-installing etc. The only things on the truck left right now, are the radius arms and brackets, because they're the only thing, plus the jack stands, holding the axle in place. Those will be addressed tonight or tomorrow.

Rear:

Replacing rear oem springs with 6" lift springs

Remove 6" lift blocks and replace with 1.5" lift blocks

Remove traction bars and mounts

Install new u-bolts and adjustable top plates

Reinstall air bags Just removed them

Install stainless steel brake lines

Install speed bleeders

Adjust parking brake This did not work like I thought it would. Not sure what else to do on the parking brake. More research.

Replace carrier bearing shims with PMF Adjustable Drop Bracket

Remove and reinstall exhaust correctly

Front:

Remove old radius arms and drop brackets

Install new PMF 3-arm system

Install front 2" coil lift spacers

Install shock adapters

Install Stainless Steel brake lines

Install speed bleeders

Flush brake system

Remove old oem steering box

Install New Red Head Steering Box

Flush power steering system with new fluid

Remove and replace glow plugs and harnesses

Replace Fuel Filters

Remove, clean and rebuild egr valve

Install EAS System for Edge monitor

Drill and tap header for EG Probe

Install temperature sensor for EAS System

Install pressure sensor for EAS System

Remove PMF OEM Hd track bar

Install new PMF HD track bar

Grease hubs

Well I had another setback.

I was doing another mod and i nicked the a/c condenser. So i comoletely discharged my a/c system by accident. It turned out to be a blessing, but its turned into a bigger job.

I got a new condenser, accumulator, and orifice tube, but after pulling the orifice tube, I've discovered a large amount of debris that has been confirmed as the teflon rings from the compressor. So, I just ordered a new compressor now and while I was at it the evaporator too.

I am set up for an alignment tomorrow afternoon, so the other stuff is done, but this is going to set me back again. Parts should be here tomorrow, so hopefully Sunday I can get that all dialed up.

Frustrating.

funny how shit like that happens lol. spending more money now, but saving you time, money, and hassle down the road.

was actually wondering what kit you went with. I'm a little lost when it comes to air stuff. We run firestone bags on all the daycabs and 10 wheelers at work. but most of my bagged truck friends run slam specialties bags...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I actually must have deleted the email thinking "I'll be on later and see it" but that hasn't happened until now.

They were just firestone helper bags. I don't know what exact system they were. I have them boxed up at home. I was contemplating just selling them, and then doing a new custom set up with different bags. I have the helper bags and perches for a 6" lift. If you're interested let me know.

As far as the truck goes. Everything is complete and it drives straight and blows cold again. I have a few more things I want to do to it, but I have to sell off some stuff first because I'm out of money. I have the traction bars (ladder bars), the p.f oem adjustable track bar, the pmf 6" lift blocks with air bag perches, the radius arm drop brackets, and I'm not sure what else I need to offload.

As far as parts, I want to swap out my adjustable draglink with the ball joints for the hemjoints. But thats $300 I don't have right now. I want the rear outer stainless steel brake lines also. I also ditched my dual exhaust and have just a straight pipe, which is fine. But I want to get a short axle dump kit for it. But, for now, it's on the road again and is standing tall and looks good. So far I like the feel of it, but there's still some getting used to to do. So time will tell. I'll be towing on the weekend of the 4th so I'll know more then.

Lets talk audio!!!!

So, my cheapy Kenwood head unit is finally taking a shit. I have to hit the reset button every time I start it now. Its a pain in the ass. So, now that the mechanics are done, and other pronects are pretty much on hold until September, I'm going to start working on getting some audio work going.

First plan is to get the rear hump cut out under the rear seat. Make a flat surface. Then I can get an amp rack built in. My goal is to get the 2000.1, 2 150.4's and the jm-1 put in and ready.

Then install the components for the tablet conversion. Get the steering wheel remote done and put in. This way, I can just float the tablet loose in the truck, and I'll have music until I get the dash finished up.

So, that's a start. In there somewhere, build the center console enclosure for the 10, and get door pods built for the mids and highs. Thats the plan.

Hopefully I can get this thread rolling again soon.

• 3 months later...

Hi kids! Been gone for a minute! Not that I'm back, but I've been trying to work on the truck a little here and there while dealing with life and my house remodel.

I replaced my head unit with a new kenwood that my wife got me for Father's Day.

The last couple of weeks I've been working on my cabin stage, installing components, amp rack, door treatments etc. I had pictures of the doors but I switched phones and apparently I didn't have the setting on to push pics to the cloud on Verizon. So, I lost the pics of door treatments and comps.

I do have pics of the amp rack. I have to upload those tonight and I'll post them up.

I've changed a little bit. Shocking right!? I finally switched to apple. I got a MacBook Pro and loved it so I ended up going to an iPhone and switched from the Galaxy Note Pro to the iPad Pro. So little switch because of the different size, mostly configuration,but same thing going on.

I got my accordion boot today. So I'm trying to get some help with a 4th order design for the xl15's and I'll be ready to work on those.

I'll post some pics tonight.

Archived