Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

I then taped the connector, so that I could keep it clean. Right about now I was thinking, I should've maybe waited to get the connector installed, but it's too late now.

20160314_195937.jpg

Then I started mixing filler and filling in the corner edges of the pocket.

20160314_195944.jpg

20160314_200907.jpg

Just a little effect view of what I was doing.

20160314_200911.jpg

While that dried, I went back to the enclosure to sand it. You can see by the sanding, and where the filler was left where the issues were back here.

20160314_201458.jpg

Then back to the dash panel. Like I said I was bouncing quite a bit. They're both in similar points of the process. SO I wanted to knock them both out at the same time.

Sanded the corners down a bit. I started out with some 100 grit paper, but that wasn't working too well. So I went the dremel with a grinding cone. That worked pretty well. For what I needed anyway.

20160314_204007.jpg

20160314_204019.jpg

20160314_204023.jpg

SO with all of the preliminary sanding done, I was ready to get some high fill primer on them. Started with the dash panel.

20160314_204656.jpg

20160314_205627.jpg

20160314_205642.jpg

20160314_205631.jpg

Then I finished with the enclosure.

20160314_205613.jpg

20160314_205619.jpg

I did every side with the exception of the face of it. I had to have it sit on something. So my plan is to get it sprayed with primer tonight, and then I'll see about addressing the dash panel as well. Get any high spots, or issues taken care of. Then maybe even possibly get some black on it tonight. One coat at least.

I probably won't sand the enclosure at all anymore. I think at this point, I'm going to just look at it as it is, which is a temporary enclosure. I need to get some wiring done to it, probably some bolts and wing nuts for the back or side or something. That way I can easily remove it.

So, not much of an update, but it's something.

Top notch man loving the progress.

Thank you.

I didn't get much of anything done last night. My daughters are leaving us at 9 and 11 for the first time. They're going with my parents to their condo in Hawaii for spring break. I know poor them right. Anyway, last night I had a bunch of running around to do since they leave tomorrow, to get things for them to be ready to leave. Tonight we're going to be crazy busy and going to bed early because we have to have them to my parents early. So it's going to be a tough night, physically and emotionally. A little different if they're in town, than if they're out of state, and if they're out of state and across an ocean!

So anyway, this is all I got done. Primed the front of the enclosure and put a second coat on the other sides.

20160315_185044.jpg

Annnnd that's it. Really I did this as I was running out of the house.

I'm still very undecided on the CTS 2. I got the stand out last night and I put it and the CTS 2 together and put it up over the rear view mirror to see what it would look like. It really does drop down into the mirror view. I tried to position it a few different ways to get it above the mirror view, but any way I did it just didn't look right. I'm all for the better view, and not having to turn my head to look at it, but I know me. It'll drive me bonkers if it doesn't look in place.

The other thing is, I'll need to purchase the extension cable for the CTS because the original cable it comes with, is nowhere near long enough to reach above the rear view mirror. Not that it's a huge deal. It's only another $40 on amazon. It's just another piece in the chain.

So at this point, I'm more narrowed down to the area on the left of the dash again. I just have to get the dash panel off and see if it's even possible to put it on the top, or if I need to put it down where the switch is. I'll be deciding that tomorrow night or Friday. I want to make sure if I do it there, that I do it now before I finish the panel and then have to work on it again.

That's it for now. More to come in the next few days. I'll have all week next week to work on it as well, at night after work anyway. My kids don't get back until next Thursday.

Oh, I forgot I did make a few amazon purchases last night. I had to get glow plugs and harnesses the other day because I was getting a glow plug code. I knew they were getting close anyway and it was on the list to change. Well I got on Amazon to get them the other day, and you know how they usually do the this + this = this thing? Well I didn't pay attention and instead of 8 GP's, it was only 1. So, when the package came in yesterday, and there was only one, I was a bit surprised. SO I ordered the other 7. Then I ordered another DC to DC converter, a jasper jig for cutting my speaker rings etc, and I also ordered a Rockford Fosgate Bluetooth adapter for the shop. Connecting to the tablet or phone via the 3.5mm headphone jack is a pain in the ass when I use it for pictures. This way I can connect via bluetooth, and still have the phone everywhere to take pics. Win Win! :grin:

Ok that's all for now.

Well thanks to my daughter I was able to do some work last night. I say that because recall they're going to Hawaii with my parents and we were supposed to be getting stuff ready. Well, everything was done early and she wanted to paint the enclosure. So, who am I to deny my girl! LOL

I decided the other day, when I was priming, that I needed to pick up some better breathing protection. So I got this painters mask. It's goofy looking when on, but man does it do the job!

20160316_193740.jpg

Also added to my Milwaukee Tool collection, and overall cordless collection. New Drill Driver and Cordless Jigsaw.

20160316_193816.jpg

Here's my collection. 2 Dewalt 18v drills, 1 Dewalt 18v Impact, 1 18v Milwaukee Impact, 1 18v Milwaukee drill, 1 12v Milwaukee drill, 1 12v Milwaukee 3/8" ratchet, and 1 12v Milwaukee jigsaw! Plus bits etc.

20160316_201412.jpg

So, with that, let's get busy. While I waited for my daughter to get some stuff done, I opened up the shop and did some painting myself. Started with some Rustoleum Semi-Gloss Black.

20160316_193507.jpg

20160316_193511.jpg

I did a couple of light dusting coats of it to get a nice thick even layering.

20160316_194644.jpg

I even painted this side, although at this point I think I am going to put the CTS 2 there. But I'm going to pull the dash this weekend and see what's back there so I can make that final decision.

20160316_194647.jpg

Overall view of it painted black.

20160316_194650.jpg

About the time I got done with that my daughter came out and we got busy on the enclosure. That gave the dash time to dry so I could take a look at it.

I got her fitted with a dust mask, and she got started.

20160316_195120.jpg

And I think she did very well overall. No runs, nice coverage, well done in my book for an 11 year old.

20160316_195343.jpg

Then she had to go in for some things she forgot to do, and to get ready for bed, so I finished the enclosure.

20160316_195920.jpg

20160316_195924.jpg

After going inside for a bit, letting things set up a little bit, I came back out to look at the dash panel. Unfortunately there is an issue. There's a groove on the right side. It's not a crack, there's no opening to it, it's just a groove. Not sure how it got there, considering the amount of body working and sanding and primer that's been done to it. But it's there.

20160316_210909.jpg

And it's about 60% of the way up the side.

20160316_210933.jpg

So, I think what I'm going to do to fix this is follow what Doug does on Amplified. I'll grind the crack/groove down, and then put some CA Glue in there. Then of course sand it down, re body work it, and prime it etc. To do this I finally decided to get some good CA Glue from Mobile Solutions. So as soon as that gets here, hopefully soon since they're only one state away from me, then I can start finishing this up.

So that's all for today. I will start doing more tonight. So this next week should have plenty of updates coming.

lookin killer!! Got me itchin to put a tablet in my explorer for sure now!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

lookin killer!! Got me itchin to put a tablet in my explorer for sure now!

damn man thats one hell of a collection! Love the look of the port on that box, taking notes on that :good:

updates look great, can't wait for more

Thank you guys.

So I only have a single update. I flipped the enclosure over and painted the last side. That's it. lol. I decided last night, while doing this, that I'd just finish this up. SO I'll most likely just finish it up tonight. May even get the AA2000.1 out and put it on the bench and hook it up to see what it sounds like on the bench. But for now this is it. Nothing exciting.

20160317_182644.jpg

20160317_182954.jpg

I also got this stuff in the mail yesterday. Jasper Jig and a Rockford Fosgate Bluetooth adapter for the shop system so I don't have to be hooked up to a cord while I listen. This frees me up to use my phone for the shop and still be able to take pictures while I work. Win win!

20160317_182949.jpg

So, tonight's plans are to get this enclosure done. I need to see if I have any hardware. If I do then I'll be wiring it up, getting the sub installed, and it'll be pretty much done. There are some pinholes and a couple of other flaws, but I think at this point I've just said to hell with it. It's a temporary enclosure and so there's no sense in really making it "perfect". I have other more important things I need to focus on, and I just simply need to get it in so I can listen to it and see if ported is the way I'm going to go. Once it's in, I'll get started on a simple sealed enclosure.

That will be done tonight for sure. Tomorrow will be a truck maintenance day, unless I don't get my other package today and then I may have to switch routes. But then following that, I'll be back on the dash panel and the CTS2. I also still don't have a hydrodipping company, so if you all have anywhere that you'd suggest I'm all ears. The one here in Sac never answered me back so I've written them off. I don't do crappy customer service. So that's that.

Ok more soon.

Great looking box even if it is temporary. I would think it should sound good, i bet your getting excited to here how it sounds. Tuned in for vids.

Archived