Long Term Tire Storage

I've got two Pirelli P Zero Neros that have been sitting on my patio for over a year. They are wrapped in plastic and laying on their sidewalls. They only have 5000ish miles on them, so Im hoping they last until I need them, which could be a while.

How long will they stay good? I know the rubber can age and get cracked and brittle, but that should take some time. Maybe I should rotate them off and on the car at certain intervals? Any tips on tire storage?

Any input appreciated.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I think they make a coating for storing tires, could be wrong though.

It really doesn't take long for them to dry rot when not in use.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I have a set of P Zero Nero GT's that I store during winter. As long as you treat the sidewalls and keep them bagged your gtg. The UV from the sun will kill them faster than the elements will

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

• 4 weeks later...

aslong as the tires are sealed up in the bag for the most part it should be good enough

like mentioned its the sun is what will hurt them, ive seen 20 year old tires look like new on cars that have been in garages or on tires that have been on wheels that been in a dry garage

i wouldnt worry too much you should be able to re use them with in the next few years

Archived