Joe X Posted May 19, 2015 Report Posted May 19, 2015 And im aware they wont b equivalent to 5 12s, but i think they'll be close, as they have nearly equal displacement to 10 6s. You don't have specs, how do you know? A quick look shows that those are cheap OEM replacment speakers not subwoofers so probably won't even play in a sub frequeny range.
audiofanaticz Posted May 19, 2015 Report Posted May 19, 2015 4by10s wow its been a minute....... Worst speaker shape ever it seemed like. I think the last time I even touched a 4by10 or used it was replacing some dash speakers in a 1984 Pontiac Fiero 2m4......
Copper07 Posted May 19, 2015 Author Report Posted May 19, 2015 And volume of the 4x10 is 8/6piabc which can then be compared to the volume of a cone of a 12, which would be roughly pi(r^2)h/3 I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one. Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said: Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Copper07 Posted May 19, 2015 Author Report Posted May 19, 2015 Well aware they are cheaply car replacement, and without testing them, i would have had the same conclusion, but having tested them, as i said earlier, i was impressed with their capabilities, for $5. Not saying they are high end by any means, just thought it would be a cheap, low wattage, but fun build, and im looking for an enclosure tht will Shi them best I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one. Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said: Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Copper07 Posted May 19, 2015 Author Report Posted May 19, 2015 Well aware they are cheaply car replacement, and without testing them, i would have had the same conclusion, but having tested them, as i said earlier, i was impressed with their capabilities, for $5. Not saying they are high end by any means, just thought it would be a cheap, low wattage, but fun build, and im looking for an enclosure tht will suit them best I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one. Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said: Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Copper07 Posted May 19, 2015 Author Report Posted May 19, 2015 Well aware they are cheaply car replacement, and without testing them, i would have had the same conclusion, but having tested them, as i said earlier, i was impressed with their capabilities, for $5. Not saying they are high end by any means, just thought it would be a cheap, low wattage, but fun build, and im looking for an enclosure tht will suit them best I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one. Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said: Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Ahmed Johnson Posted May 19, 2015 Report Posted May 19, 2015 I have a feeling you're gonna end up with a banshee system.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 19, 2015 Report Posted May 19, 2015 And volume of the 4x10 is 8/6piabc which can then be compared to the volume of a cone of a 12, which would be roughly pi(r^2)h/3 What? Let me do this for you. You are right about one thing, performance is related to displacement. Lets figure out what that really is. The cone of your 4x10" is going to be roughly 3.5 x 9.5", that's 165 sq cm. Let assume they have 10 mm of Xmax (and I'm being very generous). That gives you a driver displacement of 1650 cc. You average 12" has about 490 sq cm of cone area and 15 mm of Xmax, that's a driver displacement of 7350 cc. 7350 / 1650 = 4.4. So you are going to need at least 4 of those things to get even close to a single 12". "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.