world27owns Posted May 25, 2015 Author Report Posted May 25, 2015 I might be able to fit a new one in it facing forward or rear. I just would lose some cubes so was not sure if that would be a better route unless it was that crucial. When I got my box in I had to have three people help lift it in due to the angle I had to go in to prevent tearing the top of the sub. If I can get it out without seeing it cause any damage to the sub I will try and get it out as is otherwise I will have to sawsall it out. But my height was also 15 inches plus a 1/2in trim ring in order to clear the port so i have some room to work with. My next build I will definitely re think doing an 18 in the trunk, but for this year I am at least attempting to get some higher DB's out of it before I go that route.
Joe X Posted May 25, 2015 Report Posted May 25, 2015 There's this type of design (sub reverse mounted) to fit a 18" in a trunk, since you have 15H I think it's feasible : Only problem is that is harder to build.
diegoclass2010 Posted May 25, 2015 Report Posted May 25, 2015 There's this type of design (sub reverse mounted) to fit a 18" in a trunk, since you have 15H I think it's feasible : Only problem is that is harder to build. i like this build it!
world27owns Posted May 25, 2015 Author Report Posted May 25, 2015 You guys are scaring me. 18 sp4 recommends 6cubes min for ported. I have 20inches clearance in the trunk but with previous box I was only able to get a height of 15 and length of 30 I had less then an inch of clearance to angle it in I though it wasn't gonna go in.
Karkov Posted May 25, 2015 Report Posted May 25, 2015 single layer 3/4" MDF for a 18" FI SP4? yes, lots of box flex dude 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
world27owns Posted May 25, 2015 Author Report Posted May 25, 2015 The top had another piece inside 28.5 x 36.5. But ya I am starting to realize that now.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.