2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

Very First thing that was done to the Avalanche ...

gallery_5_7_113373.jpg

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the holidays i was able to clean and organize the garage. Looks much better.

IMG_0686_zpsqzpjppas.jpg

IMG_0688_zpssxctol1t.jpg

IMG_0687_zpssqggn8ew.jpg

Now i have room to work on the Malibu when i pull the Lancer out of the Garage.

New HU and goodies came in last week.

IMG_0700_zpsuuho6wqt.jpg

First time trying the Sound Skin Pro, nicest deadening i have purchased. I need about 7 more tubes for entire build.

2 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

GET TO WORK !!!

Fuck, i got a ton to do also :(  i shouldnt talk 

Best of luck bud

Easy big guy. It has taken a couple weeks to get this far.

3 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Easy big guy. It has taken a couple weeks to get this far.

I hear ya,....  When im off work, i dont even feel like working on my junk at all. Weather is shit, im beat, not a lot of motivation TBH. 

Let us know what ya think of that sound skin,... i think Mark at CAF use that same shit, and it looks killer.  Keep on, keepin on mate

Built a Demo board for speaker placement and tuning.

IMG_0689_zpsteqwu7wm.jpg

I mounted the HU and crossover to the MDF board, powered by a ac/dc adapter.  The thought is to be able to place the board on the dash, play with speakers location and tuning without using the car audio system.

5 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

I hear ya,....  When im off work, i dont even feel like working on my junk at all. Weather is shit, im beat, not a lot of motivation TBH. 

Let us know what ya think of that sound skin,... i think Mark at CAF use that same shit, and it looks killer.  Keep on, keepin on mate

It seems like a good product. All i have every used was Stinger Road Kill Extreme, and Dynamat acoustic foam over that. So a 3 in 1 product will be a first. Was considering the luxury liner pro for this build. Trying to make this the best build to date.

IMG_0699_zpsglonb8y6.jpg

IMG_0698_zpsoz2l7b2h.jpg

Dash pad laying there. Came in 3 pieces and with Velcro for final install. It will take a while to properly install it so for now just flattening it out so it forms to the dash. 

Shout out to Randell for the dash Pad tip. 

IMG_0690_zpsypppnbxn.jpg

Now this part was fun. Eagles CD on the towel so i must have my other test disc in, "NOW THATS WHAT I CALL MUSIC # 31"  IT has a wide variety of music to test system's tuning.

IMG_0691_zpsyzx5gr7q.jpg

IMG_0695_zpsf1xdwjcr.jpgIt sounded so good to be able to sit back with my eyes closed and imagine the Eagles on the Dash in concert.

HU is Pioneer DEH-1300MP. $67.00 CD player,4 high level outs, 2 RCA low level. This is the position the 3.5" drivers sounded best.

After seeing speaker positioned to what i think sounds best, looks like dash pods for the 3.5" driver. For the tweeter i can use the  factory location modified slightly  to position new Focal Driver.

Tweeters in the A pillar fiber glassed in and finished off with SEM interior texture and panel paint.

3.5" in Fiber glass dash pods finished off in black carpet to match the dash pad.

On HU power with very little tuning needed these Focal Access 100A3 component speakers sound sharp, accurate, dynamic, and clean. Amplified with conservative gain settings will make these speakers shine.

Archived