choices for DD m2a

Hey all! I am a noobie on here so I read there are no verses threads. . I respect that. I am having a custom built box right now for 2 12" sub's. It's 4.5 cu ft tuned to 32hz made from birch octaport firing into a curve port. Its going in a 2010 Honda accord trunk build. I'm just stuck on finding the best sub's for my DD m2a. I want reliabilty since I'm somewhat new to the real car audio stuff now SPL I want them to sound OK but no means do I care about SQ when it comes to a woofer..please help to many options or I'll just go with the DD redline 700s...??

well um..

You should of bought the subs before you had the box built.

Its a lot easier to build a box around a specific pair of woofers than it is to build the box and try to find the best woofers for it.

Your going at it all wrong if your wanting something for sq imo.

what about the new series from Ground Zero?? newish Radioactive 12XSPL series?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Well the guy building my box is building them to spec for the digital designs 12" subs they are the 700 series. 3 in vc, dual. 4ohm which I will wire down to 1 ohm.. It's a sweet box, octaport firing into a curved port or kerf..tuned to 32hz.. I guess the reason why I ask is because looking at the specs of the DD subs I was considering the HDC3 or the AB xfls.. After seeing the combo of the xfl and m2a on YouTube "abuse the Cruze" I was like.......whoa flex is a understatement. Remember, I'm new again...this is coming from me who thought my two kicker comp vr 15's sealed on my old st1000d Memphis amp was super loud. I'm just wanting to step it up to the next level.. Having mike singer build me a 240 amp alt and running all 0 ga including the big 3

If the box is already built to the DD 700 specs, then use them. If you want different subs, different box follows. What one person has in their car and the effects it has will be different from your situation. Different car, different electrical, different box (size, tuning), etc.

Archived