Sundown Audio

Amp not getting proper voltage

JakeMN

try turn the car on with your multimeter on your car battery, see what sorta volts it drops down to when it turns over.

couldn't get a reading tonight, tried remote starting it but it won't remote start with my hood open.. Probably some security feature. Will have my fiancé give me a hand with it tomorrow and report back. How would this affect my amp voltage though? Just trying to understand.

Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype)

Sundown X12

Can I check that by just taking it out and looking at it and seeing if it's swollen in any spots?

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Sundown X12

Bought the car brand new about 13-14 months ago. Stock battery, I can give you specs in the morning when I'm off.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Sundown X12

Replace your power wire and see if that helps, had a friend who had the same problem, I replaced the power wire and it worked, also check to make sure your connections up front are tight and free of corrosion...

Replace your power wire and see if that helps, had a friend who had the same problem, I replaced the power wire and it worked, also check to make sure your connections up front are tight and free of corrosion...

considering the power wire is 2 months old would you still recommend to replace it? It's knu's flex cca 4ga.. I was thinking about running 0ga ofc shca just for the hell of it but 1000w rms I don't think would require that much.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Sundown X12

How did you attach the lugs to the wire? Solder? Hydraulic crimp? Hammer-crimp? You could have a bad connection there.

And I would still move your ground to where one of those other too stock grounds are. Your current spot really isn't a good location.

How did you attach the lugs to the wire? Solder? Hydraulic crimp? Hammer-crimp? You could have a bad connection there.

And I would still move your ground to where one of those other too stock grounds are. Your current spot really isn't a good location.

solder at the battery and for ground I just used a wire stripped crimper and crimped the piss out of it.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Sundown X12

make sure wire is secure in the fuse holder it could be just chilling in there

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived