Windshield Tinted On The Escalade.

Thewes

wait 15% on the front windshield??!?! how is that possible I know tons of people that have problems at night with 30% and HID's. How is 15 percent even possible on a front windshield thats just retarded! looks pimp though

Its quite possible my friend and the benefits at day time really make it worthwhile, at night you just have to keep your eyes on the road and stay focused, but I can see just fine, Ill snap a picture or two tonight with my one HID on.

teamsundown-1.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its quite possible my friend and the benefits at day time really make it worthwhile, at night you just have to keep your eyes on the road and stay focused, but I can see just fine, Ill snap a picture or two tonight with my one HID on.

Wheres those pics ive been considering doing it to my tahoe

looks great bro!! i was thinkin bout 35% on my windshield of my ranger...but i dont want to get a ticket....

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Wheres those pics ive been considering doing it to my tahoe

Camera wouldn't start lastnight for some reason, it was charging for like 2 days, hopefully I didn't break it. Ill get them tonight if the camera will work.

teamsundown-1.jpg

I have limo on the back, 20 on the sides and 35 down the windshield of my f150 and I wouldn't change it for the world (unless I went darker). The heat and glare reduction during the day is dramatic. You can't see in it at all if the windows are up unless you walk right up on it and stick your face up to the glass. I live in Texas where it is not allowed, fortunately i have a medical waver for window tint so they can't write me up for it though it is annoying to have to stop and explain yourself. Most of the police in my area have pulled me over for it and know the truck now so I never get messed with anymore. Check your state laws before attempting to do this, a friend of mine got a $400 ticket for his front windows being too dark a couple months ago so it isn't cheap. Think that fines vary depending on what city you are in.

BTW that truck looks awesome blacked out, shave everything off of it and you will have a clean ride!

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I have limo on the back, 20 on the sides and 35 down the windshield of my f150 and I wouldn't change it for the world (unless I went darker). The heat and glare reduction during the day is dramatic. You can't see in it at all if the windows are up unless you walk right up on it and stick your face up to the glass. I live in Texas where it is not allowed, fortunately i have a medical waver for window tint so they can't write me up for it though it is annoying to have to stop and explain yourself. Most of the police in my area have pulled me over for it and know the truck now so I never get messed with anymore. Check your state laws before attempting to do this, a friend of mine got a $400 ticket for his front windows being too dark a couple months ago so it isn't cheap. Think that fines vary depending on what city you are in.

BTW that truck looks awesome blacked out, shave everything off of it and you will have a clean ride!

Thanks man, I am going to go get another layer of 5 over all the other windows sometime this weekend. (Hopefully Friday actually) As for tickets though, I am really curious what mine is going to come out to be. Headlight... Illegal tint... who knows. Hopefully it wont be 400 like your buddys.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Thanks man, I am going to go get another layer of 5 over all the other windows sometime this weekend. (Hopefully Friday actually) As for tickets though, I am really curious what mine is going to come out to be. Headlight... Illegal tint... who knows. Hopefully it wont be 400 like your buddys.

ive gotten a few tickets like this. they are "non-moving" violations (this applies for tint, headlights, loud music, etc)

in florida its $76.50. unless a cop was a real dick, theyd most likely just give you one ticket of 76.50, and tell u to fix ur tint, headlights, etc.

and at that point u just say ok, and dont do what he said :rolleyes::excl:

also weston, jason saw on bay news 9 last night that they're trying to make those chrome balls that people put on their bumpers illegal, $60 dollar fine! lol

• 3 weeks later...

I had 35% tint on my windshield when I had my expedition. Didn't get stopped for it till almost a year later by FHP. They gave me a ticket for it. However I am going to have to disagree with the tint not affecting the way you see at night. It did effect the way I drove even with HIDs low beams & fogs I had to put my hi-beams on. I don't know what kind of neighborhoods or area you drive in but I usually drive down lonely dark streets late at night that have no street lights or any lights around period. It's dark as shit. If you turn off your lights you won't be able to see nothing, not like in the city where you turn off your lights and you can still kind of see. So I did need my hi-beams once I tinted the windshield. I almost hit a few things/people since I didn't see them till it was almost too late. It's cool I guess but not if you drive alot at night like I do which is why I didn't do it again to the beemer.

Archived