Jhunt94 Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 Why are you going with JL for amps (unless you're getting them at cost or something)? There's nothing wrong with JL, but bang for your buck they're kinda expensive. For example, you can get a Crescendo S1500 for $299 and it does 1500w @ 1ohm, and the 800/4 does 130w x4 @ 4ohm and 210w x4 @2ohms. Crescendo amps are popular with the enthusiasts on this site and have been shown to make their rated power and then some. There are plenty of other great options out there too that beat JL is bang for buck and have similar or even better quality. You may also want to check out Sky High or Knuconceptz for wiring, or if you're really looking to save money a lot of people find great deals on welding wire. If he's already got the RF 1/0 kit then I say he just use that. I have it and I'd pick it over welding wire any day of the week. It's worked well for me..it's just a little on the pricey side. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
Lbox88 Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 So wait, do you just have the stuff picked out that you wanna use or have you actually purchased and have the stuff you listed? UBL | Build Log
bigsausagepizza Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 If he's already got the gear no sense in getting new stuff, but if he doesn't there are plenty of great options out there (with better cost/performance ratio) that I wasn't aware of in high school since they didn't have it at the local Best Buy. A lot of people (outside of enthusiast forums) aren't aware that gear exists beyond the sony, kicker, JL, etc at the local best buy or audio shop. And about that 150, possible with 6 15s in an extended cab? Definitely. Possible with those 15s? Doubtful. They just don't have the displacement and power handling necessary, but it'll still be pretty retarded loud, especially in such a small cabin. I'd love to recommend you to some subs that might get a bit closer, but there's not much you can do with only 1500w total on your sub stage. If you were willing to go with used gear you could probably get a lot closer on your budget, but you're already pushing the limits of a stock alt anyway. 2008 Subaru WRX STI K&N Typhoon Intake Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat Cobb Accessport Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning 320awhp 330ft-lb awtq MTX 421D Sub amp American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4 JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components 3sixty.2 Second Skin Damplifier Pro Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/ Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers 9 Goldwood 4" mids (each) 12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each) NAD 1020 Preamp MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor Thorens TD166mkII Turntable Hafler DH-200 Amplifier http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/ https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass
Mota.timtim Posted June 13, 2015 Author Report Posted June 13, 2015 I recently got a 1994 F150 xlt exd cab, as of right now its being prepared for paint and exterior additions. I've worked pretty hard getting this far with the truck and now I want to start working on the inside. I had four 12s in my old Ford and was the loudest in the small town I live in. The old setup was "ghetto" looking and I want my next project to look like a some what pro installed it.(Note: I do everything to the truck, it doesn't get taken to a shop). Anyway what I'm wanting is a good all around spl system and I already have 80% of everything picked out. [D6500 XS batt, 0gauge Rockford,Jl1000/1,JL 500/1,JL/360/4,6 Rockford P1 15s,Rockford door speakers,4 Rockford mid 8s ,Jensen flipout,Rockford rcas,big 3,ported box,and a custom console to house the amps and 8s. I'm looking for advice on this system. Am I missing anything, helpful hints,etc. For wiring all three amps will be off the 0awg wire 4 subs on the jl1000 2ohm svcs, 2 subs on the jl500/1 4ohm svc, then the 8s off the 4chan. All the boxes will be bedlined and hopefully the sub wall with sit flush in the exd cab part. Also I know this is a terrible question to ask because there isn't a real way to tell unless you heard it, but is it possible for me to hit 150db with this setup? So 4 subs on a 1000/1 and 2 on a 500/1? I see your logic but this will not work. so no. You wont get 150db Could you explain why it wouldn't work? All the subs are 250rms all 6 will be at 2ohm load.
Mota.timtim Posted June 13, 2015 Author Report Posted June 13, 2015 So wait, do you just have the stuff picked out that you wanna use or have you actually purchased and have the stuff you listed? I have all the wiring and the jl1000
Mota.timtim Posted June 13, 2015 Author Report Posted June 13, 2015 I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm with Slammin, I wouldn't expect 150s out of that setup...personally speaking if it were me trying to do that and I specifically wanted 15s then I would do 8, get two separate sub amps, and run four on each. I honestly would if they would fit and I had enough to fork over the cash for a $750 alt
Mota.timtim Posted June 13, 2015 Author Report Posted June 13, 2015 If he's already got the gear no sense in getting new stuff, but if he doesn't there are plenty of great options out there (with better cost/performance ratio) that I wasn't aware of in high school since they didn't have it at the local Best Buy. A lot of people (outside of enthusiast forums) aren't aware that gear exists beyond the sony, kicker, JL, etc at the local best buy or audio shop. And about that 150, possible with 6 15s in an extended cab? Definitely. Possible with those 15s? Doubtful. They just don't have the displacement and power handling necessary, but it'll still be pretty retarded loud, especially in such a small cabin. I'd love to recommend you to some subs that might get a bit closer, but there's not much you can do with only 1500w total on your sub stage. If you were willing to go with used gear you could probably get a lot closer on your budget, but you're already pushing the limits of a stock alt anyway. I was just wonder if it would hit 150 because my old setup 4 12s that literally cost $120 for all four brand new and they hit 90ish (I think anyway idk how good the guys meter was but I know when I pulled in the drive way I was knocking stuff of the kitchen counter
ChevyBoy95 Posted June 13, 2015 Report Posted June 13, 2015 If you are on a tight budget, you might want to not go with JL slash amps. You could always go with a very stout korean board for like half the price that will take a ton of abuse. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
ChevyBoy95 Posted June 13, 2015 Report Posted June 13, 2015 If he's already got the gear no sense in getting new stuff, but if he doesn't there are plenty of great options out there (with better cost/performance ratio) that I wasn't aware of in high school since they didn't have it at the local Best Buy. A lot of people (outside of enthusiast forums) aren't aware that gear exists beyond the sony, kicker, JL, etc at the local best buy or audio shop. And about that 150, possible with 6 15s in an extended cab? Definitely. Possible with those 15s? Doubtful. They just don't have the displacement and power handling necessary, but it'll still be pretty retarded loud, especially in such a small cabin. I'd love to recommend you to some subs that might get a bit closer, but there's not much you can do with only 1500w total on your sub stage. If you were willing to go with used gear you could probably get a lot closer on your budget, but you're already pushing the limits of a stock alt anyway. I was just wonder if it would hit 150 because my old setup 4 12s that literally cost $120 for all four brand new and they hit 90ish (I think anyway idk how good the guys meter was but I know when I pulled in the drive way I was knocking stuff of the kitchen counter If it wasn't a term lab, it doesnt really mean anything (the standard). Single 8's do 130's, so whatever it was metered with is very very likely WAY off. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Mota.timtim Posted June 13, 2015 Author Report Posted June 13, 2015 If you are on a tight budget, you might want to not go with JL slash amps. You could always go with a very stout korean board for like half the price that will take a ton of abuse. I already have the 1000 watt from my previous setup and I wanted the amps to match
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.