ALL4SPL's 2011 Silverado - IASCA 2016 Truck/Trunk 2 Champion!

So after not only being disappointed in the Jeeps SPL performance, but also a family need of another vehicle I had the chance to go out and get something different. So after searching for 2 weeks I came across this beauty, and went ahead and picked it up.

I still own the Jeep, it will be driven by my GF soon the mids/highs well stay in the Jeep because they sound amazing, and the plan is to mimic the same components in this Truck. Eminence Alphas in the doors, and tymphany tweeters in the A-Pillars. The ZV3s will go in the truck along with the SCV-4000D and the XS Power batteries. This process will probably start in a week or so.

And any thread is useless without pics so here are a few!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice ride brother.

If one of the reasons for you buying this truck is to be loud? Prepare yourself to be more disappointed than the jeep

Why you say this?

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

It's all good, I have a local teammate who had the same year silverado and broke 53s all day with a single 15, so I am not too worried my goals aren't too high. Or maybe it was 2 15s I don't remember anyway not worried at all.

Baby steps, but I cleaned and polished the headlights/fog lights and plasti dipped the front and rear emblems.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Thanks, the kit/harness I picked up local since Bestbuy price matches even amazon, got the single/double din install kit and the harness assembly that retains all chimes/onstar and steering wheel controls for $120 with tax out the door. My new DEH-80PRS will arrive tomorrow, I decided to leave my 2012 80PRS in the Jeep and since almost all Double Dins are well LACKING in the features department compared to the 80PRS I picked up another one from amazon for $215 after my giftcard balance.

I also have a set of near complete A-Pillars with pods on the way, found a guy on another audio forum who sold his truck after starting these so I won't have to worry about having to build them fully myself. I will be putting either two tweeters in each pod, or a tweeter and a 2" - 3" midrange driver.

Here is a pic from the for sale ad of the pods that will arrive this week.

pods.jpg

As you can see they are MOSTLY done, I will do the final steps of sanding/filling and I will probably either wrap them in vinyl or black carpet.

Got a set of Eminence Alpha 6.5's 8 ohm on the way for the front doors, and 2 pairs of these on the way for the pillars.

https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-25-1166sj-1-neodymium-tweeter--264-834

Archived