SMF93 Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 So I have a 1998 s10, and I ended up blowing my 4x6 speakers in the dash, does anyone have an s10, with non stock 4x6 dash speakers?Anyone have any recomendations? Budget is 200$
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 You can fit 5 1/4" rounds which is what I would do. Second choice would be 4x6 plates. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
OrionStang Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 I would do something like this. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_60697_Infinity-Kappa-462.11cfp.html SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
reedal Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 ^^ use the $200 on some good 5 1/4" speakers, with some adapters from sonic or crutch field unless you feel like making them yourself. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
sphinxbccp Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 I put 5 1/4s in my dash since 4x6 speakers are limited in selection, mines a blazer but both have the same dash. It actually wasn't very hard and was my first fiberglass project. Build log: Click Feedback: http://www.stevemead...xbccp-feedback/ 03 Chevy Blazer - IPad Air 2 - ALPINE Head Unit - 4 DC XL 18s - 2 DC 3.5k - ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP - 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs - DC 175.4 - DC HO Alt - D3400 - 4 XP3000s - KNU 0ga - 60 SqFt Damp Pro Lots more...
SMF93 Posted June 14, 2015 Author Report Posted June 14, 2015 I would do something like this. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_60697_Infinity-Kappa-462.11cfp.html would those fit in the factory location with no modifications?
OrionStang Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 I would do something like this. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_60697_Infinity-Kappa-462.11cfp.html would those fit in the factory location with no modifications? The shape, yes. Not sure about the motor depth. How much depth do you have? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
SMF93 Posted June 14, 2015 Author Report Posted June 14, 2015 I put 5 1/4s in my dash since 4x6 speakers are limited in selection, mines a blazer but both have the same dash. It actually wasn't very hard and was my first fiberglass project. I have never did any fiber glass work before if I went this route i would need a step by step list of how to do it
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 I would do something like this. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_60697_Infinity-Kappa-462.11cfp.html would those fit in the factory location with no modifications? The shape, yes. Not sure about the motor depth. How much depth do you have? Not very much there is a duct that runs through there. Not hard to make it work though if you really wanted too. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
OrionStang Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 According to the "will this fit my vehicle" button, they should fit. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.