Port area. what does it affect?

yes I do. I think that angle throws off your port speeds and everything else and chokes you a bit

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yes I do. I think that angle throws off your port speeds and everything else and chokes you a bit

could be my 205" of area also...lol...... thats total., everyone has yelled at me i need around 300"s... sooooo im like....

could be my 205" of area also...lol...... thats total., everyone has yelled at me i need around 300"s... sooooo im like....

But if it sounds good to you and others and we know it puts up good numbers do you really need more?

There would only be one way to find out if you'll benefit and I'm guessing that means tearing your wall apart or at least cutting the baffle to find out.

Guess you have to look at if it's worth it too you to find out.

Would suck if you did it and it wasn't better or isn't as loud.

I say if you're happy with it and clearly your subs are happy with it leave it as is.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just remember that having that angle doesn't mean that you created more usable port area, you may have allowed some stupid eddie currents to be created actually hurting you overall. I don't know that for sure since I don't have the specs of your entire system, but I have seen those situations occur before with fluids outside audio.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

But if it sounds good to you and others and we know it puts up good numbers do you really need more?

There would only be one way to find out if you'll benefit and I'm guessing that means tearing your wall apart or at least cutting the baffle to find out.

Guess you have to look at if it's worth it too you to find out.

Would suck if you did it and it wasn't better or isn't as loud.

I say if you're happy with it and clearly your subs are happy with it leave it as is.

I can gain 1.5db easy just by taking 3cubes from the box,.. Did that last year, .. and didnt like the sound,... and pulled it out.

But, if i can keep the playability, gain cooling, and gain on the meter, .. ill do whatever it takes...

A few quick cuts,.. new port baffle, add some mud,..spray it with rocket liner, done.....

I just dont want to make it worse. I do like how it plays now, but,....... like everything, and others, im looking to learn, and,.. move forward on my own terms.

Like i said,. if i just wanted loud... hell.. i have close to 2db just sitting in the box volume. But, my peak will rise..... which helps with my 45hz of vehicle res, that i fight now.

Im looking at other ish... if ya feel me..

Just remember that having that angle doesn't mean that you created more usable port area, you may have allowed some stupid eddie currents to be created actually hurting you overall. I don't know that for sure since I don't have the specs of your entire system, but I have seen those situations occur before with fluids outside audio.

understood.

Ive also seen a few hundered ports doing the same thing. Meades included in the DGAF.

Then again, his is a burper... dunno if that matters... but i feel ya.

Before you do anything new I would write down everything you know about your system, that goes from outputs at a range of frequencies down to the position of each sub. You could even go into temperature, humidity, altitude and many other environmental conditions as these things will affect scores as well.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Before you do anything new I would write down everything you know about your system, that goes from outputs at a range of frequencies down to the position of each sub. You could even go into temperature, humidity, altitude and many other environmental conditions as these things will affect scores as well.

From what I've seen him say he already writes everything down.

He probably knows his system better than 90% of people out there

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

From what I've seen him say he already writes everything down.

He probably knows his system better than 90% of people out there

I get a lil weird.

Not as full retard as burp or tone people, which I still have utmost respect for, but...

I know my gear and my build. Basically slept in that thing. But, I don't understand some things. And hell, I wanna try to.

It's fun.

Archived