Port area. what does it affect?

There is no perfect answer Kyle it's just the way it is. It's why the guys chasing tenths have so many builds and designs and ugly boxes. I know we've talked and I know what I think hurts your current scores. But the bad part is to prove it you'd have to rebuild and then a rebuild doesn't mean louder it's a vicious circle. And it's part of the reason I don't meter. If it's loud and it does what I want the number doesn't matter to me because I'd be obsessed on trying to make that number appear.

Prefect reason to not meter.

I understand.

If you really know me... i dont care about the meter with competition.

I care, about not getting what i think i can, from my own shit. Not for anyone else, but, i like to learn, and grow.

Also, just getting"loud".. meh.. there are spl cars on a single 8" that smash me......

What im speaking of, is just doing it right, and not fighting myself..... with what ive done myself.

Nate, i know you dont like the angle at the top of the port,... and thats fair. Maybe its time for a center port,.... this winter.

Time for me to make a week vacation to Utah to help?

Yes please.

I think when i pull the SP4's, i may try and route out about 60 or so more Sq''s. I was a retard, and didnt leave much room in the baffle to open the vent much. But, at 38" tall, if i get 2 inches or so over, that will get me to the 290" total area.........

wish you where closer, but, Kenny, Brandon, and Bryce have my back here......

I think i can pull the old port baffle, run a jig saw, or sawzall up the port 2" over, re do the port baffle, while tuning just 2hz higher, re paint, re spray some rocked liner, and be done. ..... im not sure. well see. :)

imaging your woofers are fire, and your port is the oxygen supply..

without oxygen your fire is small, like your numbers.

box is not efficient and most likely why no matter how many amps you toss in there your number never really changes, and you probably have a crazy 3X impedance rise to boot.

what is odd?

My rise is NIL.. like.. nothing....

this is at .35 dcr, .5 nom.

check that 3x rise out...

no wonder i couldnt keep the 2 amps on... lol

measure rise with the woofers getting power using the amm-1. guarantee its going to way different man.

You have a IMsg right?

you know that it sends power to the drivers... you can hear them in the video if you turn it up.

The AMM1 was clamped on one of the amps in this vid.

Interesting read. I thought I knew a little something about enclosures but pshhh. Learn something new everyday

My only question is about this whole "12-16" of port per cube" golden rule

Does it really matter?

I know with aero's you can generally go around 6-8" of port. But what if I wanted to do like 10" of port using slot port?

or 20"

what exactly does the rule apply to

Interesting read. I thought I knew a little something about enclosures but pshhh. Learn something new everyday

My only question is about this whole "12-16" of port per cube" golden rule

Does it really matter?

I know with aero's you can generally go around 6-8" of port. But what if I wanted to do like 10" of port using slot port?

or 20"

what exactly does the rule apply to

Never use that "rule". If someone suggests using it they don't know what they are doing or don't really care about helping you.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived