Sonic Electronix

Thoughts on a 98 Dodge Ram for Devin??

Man, guess I won't get it than. Christian was getting 14 mph city. Devin would only drive it in town.

I know the Dakota's had ball joint problems. 20/20 did an undercover thing about the Dakota's front suspension shearing off and causing accidents which Dodge denied. With a hidden camera the service tech commented that "Yeah, we've had alot of issues with the ball joints". Probably wasn't working there after that aired. lol. It was the same gen as the 1500. Doubt they share the same parts but it does tell you something about that gen. I guess.

-Frank

the 5.2 is a good little motor. see a lot of them with well over 200k.

the rest of the truck though.... surprised it just hasn't collapsed in half... if you could hop up a generation and find a 4.7 rcsb, that body style tends to hold up better. Dig around for a little rcsb 300ci inline 6 F150 for a pickup. Whole truck is pretty solid, motor has just enough power to get around and play offroad if need be, gets decent mileage.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Get her a Silverado/Sierra ? promise she won't be disappointed. A nice extended cab 1500 with a couple low power 8's or 10's under the rear seats and some good components for a small SQ build, sounds like a good daily driver to me

• 1 month later...

I went ahead and purchased it. The Jimmy will go back on CL lowered, but with no stereo.

Devin was a good sport about driving a lowered vehicle to school last year. She never complained to me about it, but comments per made through Lisa.

It's her last yr, so what ever. Give her what she wants. The money from the Jimmy will go back in the bank, so more of a swoop of rides.

Devin pretty much just tools around town so I am not too concerned with maintenance of it.

Here is a video I made while waiting for Lisa to come over.

Devin's bday is on the 19th. She liked her brother's Ram 1500 single cab, now she has one. Famous last words "I like the height of it". (eyes rolling).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByMAPUbW-LA

-Frank

My only thing is you rarely see these driving around still. But since it's a neighbor & he's had it for the past 15 years i'd assume he took care of it. It does look nice & if he is a dodge mechanic i'm sure he fixed the problem that were common. Looks good though! :good:

Archived