Alex Coyne Posted July 8, 2015 Report Posted July 8, 2015 I am running these speakers (ground zero 650 SQ) Uranium GZUC 650SQ on a 2 channel amp. The drivers side speakers make a buzzing noise when music isn't on and when music is on they only play about 15-20% the volume as the passenger side speakers (the passenger side speakers sound amazing, no issues). What should I look for as potential issues ? (It hasn't done this in the past and the passenger side speaker sounds damn good so I don't think it's RCA, ground, or power wire).
SIDE SHOW Posted July 8, 2015 Report Posted July 8, 2015 did the fault just happen all of a sudden? did you do/add anything to your car recently
SIDE SHOW Posted July 8, 2015 Report Posted July 8, 2015 swap the left rca for the right rca in the amp and see if the noise swaps sides
bolanorthhighlands Posted July 8, 2015 Report Posted July 8, 2015 My tweeters magnets in the door panels are pushed up against metal in the doors My 2002 Kia Spectra LS My YouTube Channel
Alex Coyne Posted July 8, 2015 Author Report Posted July 8, 2015 swap the left rca for the right rca in the amp and see if the noise swaps sides It did swap sides (the noise) so it is in fact the RCA issue. While I wait to get some new RCA's in there, should I unplug the defective RCA ? (will it prevent potential damage ?).
reedal Posted July 8, 2015 Report Posted July 8, 2015 It would be best to have it unplugged or completely off, on the off chance that the distorted signal coming out of it damages your speaker SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.