Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm slowly building a system in my Trailblazer. Going active with a decent set of components- which ones? That's a different post. I've got a Pioneer GM 6100f for my mids and highs for front stage. Gonna put a set of coaxials in the back doors, with a separate amp for them that I can turn off when no one is riding in the back seat. I am looking for an active crossover that gives me two channels each for mids and highs and a high pass for the rears. Gonna bypass the crossover completely for my subs and use the HU for LP and sub level. The AC 6xs is the only one I see that fits my needs. Any other suggestions? This ain't no vs thread, just looking for options.

Posted

ToNasty- I follow your posts, so I know you know?

Let me rephrase my original request- my HU is not active- 3 sets of outputs- F,R and sub. I have a 4 channel amp for my mids and highs, that only has HP and LP filters. I want to run 4 channels on my front stage. 2 channels for mids and 2 for tweets. I also want to run a separate amp for rear speakers. I will be using the HU HP and LP, running the sub output directly to my sub amp. Is there another processor besides the AC 6XS that will give me the mid and high freq crossover PLUS a full range out?

Posted

Looks like what I am going to do is this- from the HU- front rca's to a 3 way crossover, then front mids and highs to my 4 ch amp. Rear rca's straight to a 2 ch amp and sub rca's straight to my sub amp.

Most active crossovers have subsonic filters, bass boost, etc. I'm using the HU LP and sub level. Is there any benefit to running the subs through the crossover if I have all the control I need in my HU?

Posted

Looks like what I am going to do is this- from the HU- front rca's to a 3 way crossover, then front mids and highs to my 4 ch amp. Rear rca's straight to a 2 ch amp and sub rca's straight to my sub amp.

Most active crossovers have subsonic filters, bass boost, etc. I'm using the HU LP and sub level. Is there any benefit to running the subs through the crossover if I have all the control I need in my HU?

No benefit really. In my setup I have done just as you and bypassed my crossover and ran rca's directly from the decks sub out in to the sub amp, so I could still use my deck's level control.

Posted

Y'all are making things too complicated ....

Ok, so you have a trailblazer ... first thing you need to do is get the Bose adaptes for the doors and install 8" drivers in your front doors with tweets in the sail panel and 6.5" coaxials in th rear doors. Rears can be ran off of headunit power. Save that money from that amp/crossover network fo the rear.

Start out 2 way passive up front and learn the sound and move up from there.

Trailblazers are easy learning vehicles ....

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

No Bose system. Yeah, I agree it's sounding too complicated. I am not going to use passive crossovers. The AC 6xs is what I'm going to use for my front stage. Now to choose my mid drivers and tweets.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1106 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...