Second Skin Audio

Help deisigning t-line or 4th order

tripsicks

Wow, yeah you should definitely be getting good output below 60 Hz. There has to be something funky going on, we just need to figure out what it is.

Just to humor me, could you check your box tuning? Here is an easy way to do it since you sub is facing up:

You need some table salt/sugar and a tone generator, you can use a tone generator app for your phone.
1. Put a pinch of salt on your subwoofer cone/s.
2. Play a tone through your subs and moderate to low volume, you should see the salt dancing all over the place
3. Raise and lower the tone until you find the frequency where the salt lays still on the cone (or moves the least), that's your tuning frequency.
You don't have to use salt/sugar, you can just watch the cone, but the salt is more fun and more accurate :-)

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Wow, yeah you should definitely be getting good output below 60 Hz. There has to be something funky going on, we just need to figure out what it is.

Just to humor me, could you check your box tuning? Here is an easy way to do it since you sub is facing up:

You need some table salt/sugar and a tone generator, you can use a tone generator app for your phone.
1. Put a pinch of salt on your subwoofer cone/s.
2. Play a tone through your subs and moderate to low volume, you should see the salt dancing all over the place
3. Raise and lower the tone until you find the frequency where the salt lays still on the cone (or moves the least), that's your tuning frequency.
You don't have to use salt/sugar, you can just watch the cone, but the salt is more fun and more accurate :-)

hahaha... coolest way to find out tuning. great info! :good:

If you built the enclosure exactly as you posted your calculated specs are 2.1 cubic feet net tuned to 33Hz. Your port area is low, not low enough for port noise but enough to have reduced bass output around tuning, also your box is in the middle of the vehicle, it should be tested placed towards the rear end.

box is about 8" from the lift gate.... sub is placed up, port facing backwards

i would imagine if tuned to 33hz i should still get some decent output below 60hz?

haven't had a chance to get out there and check the tuning on the box with that salt method mentioned..

Archived