2013 maxima Ipad mini dash 2 X12s

Well i got the subs in..this was a pain in the ass forreal..i have never used 2 subs this big..side note..dnt go to the gym and exercise back muscles before a big install bigg time regret..the top and rear wall of the box are on and i also got the amps mounted and the bass amp gain set. Also once i seal off the trunk i will remove all that plastic crap

20150907_191622_zps20tr4xnt.jpg

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Those mclass amps are nice, I had a 75x4.

They run pretty hot though so I'd plan of putting fans on them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wow i never noticed them getting hot. I didnt even really bump last nite. I was so tired i figured ill test it out another day thx fo the advice. I plan on glassing the trunk and doing some cut outs for ventilation and maybe some mesh over it ill see if i can find some fans for them and ill work that in..shouldnt be to hard since i have a barrier strip for my remotes and distro blocks for power and ground

• 6 months later...

Hit pause on this build for a little while heres some updates. I did the big rhree upgrade with 1/0 shca ofc wire. And also got the xs 3400r in a few weeks ago. I attempted to install the alternator but it got dark..i got frustrated and just put everything back together because i couldnt get the alternator out. Everything was unbolted and the alt just wouldnt fit out. So i did some research and found out that i needed to remove the cooling fan assembly and a bunch of other stuff..any way today i got it done heres a couple pics.

20160216_133236_zpsfxwgaolk.jpg

For anyone with a 7th gen maxima (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)trying to replace an alternator you have to do these steps

.partially drain coolant

Remove fan shroud

Remove air duct

Remove battery and battery tray

Remove tcm (the computer looking thing next to the battery)

Remove upper radiator hoses and cool reservoir

Remove cooling fan assembly

Remove passenger front tire

Remove passenger wheel well plastic access cover

Remove under car splash shield/ access cover

Remove belt by compressing the tensioner and liding the belt off.

On the harness connecting plug for the alternator remove all plugs on this harness from all subsequent connections/sensors and move up out of the way(may involve cutting or removing securing ties)

Unbolt the 4 bolts on the ac compressor

Unbolt the oil hose assembly bracket leading to the oil filter

Unbolt alternator

Remove alternator bracket

With all of this unbolted you should be able to move the hoses blocking it around to get the alternator to the front near the radiator and then wiggle it out from the top.

For anyone with a 7th gen maxima (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)trying to replace an alternator you have to do these steps

.partially drain coolant

Remove fan shroud

Remove air duct

Remove battery and battery tray

Remove tcm (the computer looking thing next to the battery)

Remove upper radiator hoses and cool reservoir

Remove cooling fan assembly

Unbolt the 4 bolts on the ac compressor

Unbolt the oil hose assembly leading ti the oil filter

Unbolt alternator

Remove alternator bracket

With all of this unbolted you should be able to move the hoses blocking it around to get the alternator to the front near the radiator and then wiggle it out from the top.

....You can't go up from the bottom??

Archived