GM Owners - D3100 under hood?

Just wondering if anyone has tried to squeeze one in, either in the factory primary location or in the secondary battery tray on the driver side. I have an 08 Denali (with a D3400 in the primary battery spot) and was hoping to get a D3100 in the secondary location without too much fabrication. Purely based on dimensions it looks like it won't work, just wondered if anyone had tried to make it happen. I feel like I remember seeing a post on here where someone squeezed a D3100 in the primary location, so I'd love to see pics of that too if someone has done it.

Side question, prob for an alternate post but what I'm getting at.... If i can't fit D3100 anywhere underhood, do we think 2 D3400s underhood and 2 XP3000s in the back with 2 runs of 1/0 ofc power along with a 270 large case Singer hairpin is sufficient for a BC5500.

2008 Denali

Singer 270

2 XS D3400s under hood

Sundown SCV-6000D

SHCA 1/0

Q Logic Kickpanels - lame 5.25 components for now

Planning/acquiring everything else

Take the mounts out and build your own ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You can fit a d3100 in the primary location you just have to remove the top bracket and side bar by the batt and move the coolant tank to the side. And then hammer down one of the tabs that hold the batt down on the batt tray and the d3100 will slide right in.

Just do the 3400s under the hood like I do. It's a lot easier. Dolarbilz managed to fit a 2400 on the passangers side but he had to cut some cheer metal off the truck and make his own bracket. Not worth the hassle in my opinion

Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I'll stick with 2 D3400s under the hood.

08tahoe - in your sig it says you have that 9k at 4 ohms for now... working on acquiring more batteries to let her rip?

Emailed Singer to see if I could alter my order or if its too late, switch to a 330 large case from the 270... I'm thinking I'd be more comfortable with the bigger alt as a tradeoff for not putting the 3100 up front on 6k-ish so I can stick with 2 D3400s and 2 XP3000s

2008 Denali

Singer 270

2 XS D3400s under hood

Sundown SCV-6000D

SHCA 1/0

Q Logic Kickpanels - lame 5.25 components for now

Planning/acquiring everything else

Yea I'm going to get a couple more 3100s but I'm about to rewire from front to back with 2/0 ofc and I just got a 370xp and dual bracket so I can seperate this alt from the stock charging because of the pcm. So after that I'm going to drop it to 1ohm and see how my voltage does.

Archived