Second Skin Audio

Up firing passive radiator 5th/7th order????

Actually I am lol and many car enthusiasts own a system more expensive than there car I bought this car because I loved the car and wanted it so I bought it that simple I just recently at 134,000 miles replaced the engine with a $5000 dollar brand new engine and about to do a top swab to add a gtp supercharger rebuilt and a turbo looking to get this car to at least 400hp by the end of the year so yeah try calling me out tell me I don't have the money or that I'm a troll but when you have money time and the love for audio and cars and the drive to do it yourself you get what you want enough said I asked a simple question can a passive radiator be mounted facing vertical towards the top hatch. why is your first reaction is to discard the information provided as bs the system is nice but in no way impossible or unrealistic welcome to smd where we push the envelope and out wallets lol and yes 5 and 7th order has been used for decades my father has had both he used to go to nationals ever year back in the 90s this isn't a new idea

Do you know how many people come in here with dream $10k builds that never happen? In to see the turbo and supercharged grand prix with a 10kw system lol

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Nice copy and pasting for the description of a 5th/7th order. My question for you is do you REALLY understand the difference between those and a regular 4th/6th order enclosure in terms of performance and implementation?

If you want to build a parallel tuned 6th order band pass using passive radiators, that should work just fine (from a technical standpoint), assuming you can fit the thing in your car. In addition to the box being huge, you are going to need a ton of space for the passive radiators. You will lose some efficiency using PRs vs using a regular port. You are also going to need more than four PRs, you will need at least four just for the low chamber and at least two for the high chamber. Like you said, they are going to have to be custom built to have enough excursion capability. If you manage to overcome all of that, mounting them facing up is not going to be ideal, just like mounting a sub facing up in a trunk car is not ideal, but it should "work" at least in some capacity.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Money isn't a problem it's why I bought a gt to do a gtp top swap on a brand new gt engine instead of getting a gtp and really wasn't planning on a wall I don't like attention and love my privacy and I'm tired of local cops recognizing me and pulling me over in my previous cars thinking I'm causing trouble when I quit over 2 years ago what I was doing and have nothing on my record it's a breach of privacy and if they do try to pull me over hell with it I'll put run them on back roads lol

Yeah just doing what know one else knows how to do if you don't know what a 5th or 7th order is then look it up lol instead of spamming I asked a simple question and now it's turned into me giving answers lol I'll just build a trunk wall and pull out the rear deck and tire well nothing some fabricating and welding can't fix I'll get them in there gunna be on 2 ct sounds 7000.1d btw

Yes I am considering a parallel tuned 6th order with the passives and I don't want a port because of space and port noise and passives are so amazing for on the fly tuning I like having a box you can't take apart without a big ol trusty sledge hammer lol

Archived