coh33dkill3r Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Pulling the trigger on 2 obsidian 18s and need a little help on the design.. I know the specs call for 4.5-6 cuft but don't know how much port they need as I've never but a box with a slot port before and don't know how to properly calculate the disp for the port.. My guess is 120" of port is enough for 2 so I'd make the slot 30x4 but not too sure.....I wanna keep the box The smallest possible to make these work due to space issues...If Joe X or someone else can help me I'd greatly appreciate it... My MAX dimensions are 40Wx16Dx40H. Box will be a C-pillar so sub forward at bottom with a front top port.... I'd like to keep my height to whatever is needed to make these work so as short as possible but 40 is my max if need be. Any help would be great
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 Want amp are you going to use and what frequency are you tuning to? I strongly suspect you are going to want more port area than 120 sq in. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ToNasty Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 The obsidians are pretty close to the sundown sa series. They don't mind less port area but you will want more than 120. Depending on power I'd do 160-180" of port tuned in the mid 30s ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Miguels Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 wait.. do they still make them? my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
ToNasty Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 No. Obsidian is out of business last I heard ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Miguels Posted July 20, 2015 Report Posted July 20, 2015 so how is he pulling the trigger on 2 18's? OP, i would go with another company.. you can get Fi X subs or sundown SA.. i know obsidian subs where good but with them not around any more you cant rebuild them to spec my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
coh33dkill3r Posted July 20, 2015 Author Report Posted July 20, 2015 I'm getting them for around 370 for the pair. Tuned to around 34 and powered by a sundown 1500
Joe X Posted July 21, 2015 Report Posted July 21, 2015 A wall is all the way to the top and sealed off if that's what you are doing, it would need to be something like 40x40x18.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.