Panel saw. Check inside.

Jessica

the one hoe depot has probably cost 5 grand though

I can assure you it's not 5k. As a vendor rep in THD for over 8 years, it didn't cost more than $500. Even the dust collection system on it is just a Ridgid shop vac with a long hose.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I can assure you it's not 5k. As a vendor rep in THD for over 8 years, it didn't cost more than $500. Even the dust collection system on it is just a Ridgid shop vac with a long hose.

hook me up where you were getting your saws from.

Thats pretty slick.

I've had plans for DIY panel saws and I've intended on building one at some point, but for what that kit costs I think it would be the way to go. I would be nice to hear from someone who has one though and could comment on how well it works.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

hook me up where you were getting your saws from.

X2 because I know damn well the panel saw at the Home Depot near me did not cost $500 or less.

If you can get the one they have for that I'll take 5.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I cant remember which it is, but Home Depot uses either a Safety Speed Cut panel saw or a Saw Trax panel saw (pretty sure SSC). They maybe different at other locations however Im sure since its a corporate thing they use all the same brands but varying models.

The Safety Speed Cuts cost around $2600 for a 64inch model and around $3000 for the 74inch model iirc they have a smaller model thats around $2200.

The Saw Trax are around $2900.

Then theres brands like Powermatic which is a instant jump into $5000+.

For the dust collection on the units, a shop vacuum is effceient enough at the job for what they use the saw for and how little.

After all, a panel saw is just a circular saw on rails that moves up and down. Its not like its going to have a 3inch dust collection hose attachment and a 3hp dust collector.

Either way I'll stick with my cabinet saw, unless your cramped on space then the panel saws come in handy.

Though you could put a cabinet saw on a wheel base and roll it out of the way too..

I spouse though if I had room Id maybe have a panel saw just because it would be easier to rip boards by myself, but then again if I had space I would extend the out feed and side feed table around my saw to make ripping full panels easier.. lol

Archived