3000+ Real Watts of power... What size wire are you running?

My goal here is not to discuss any particular brands but lets all assume that everything is OFC, no aluminum, no tin, no other "wire magic". What does your electrical system look like and what size wire are you running? I am curious how people are connecting their cars up since most of my experience is with SQ and I don't run near the amount of power the SPL guys do.

When i had my Ampere 3800D and "Populus" 3500D *cough* Flatline FL2..... I used 1/0 OFC. Hell, for 3k id still run the same.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

When i had my Ampere 3800D and "Populus" 3500D *cough* Flatline FL2..... I used 1/0 OFC. Hell, for 3k id still run the same.

Just one run correct?

I have an aq3500.1 im doing 2 1/0 runs of ofc to the rear (toolbox in the bed) to a couple group 31s

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

You should consider what is between the two points. What I mean by this is, if you have a maybe 250A alt up front and factory battery, or even factory battery replacement, then you have like 8 batteries in the trunk for the system(I'm just pulling these numbers out of my ass don't tell me how the alt is too small thx) then the wire from the front to the back only needs to be capable of carrying SOME of the current from that alt(remember its got a car to run) and SOME of the current from the battery(same reason). So you can safely just assume 100% of the power will travel to the back if you want, but you don't have to go nuts.

From what I've read(I haven't tested this personally) you can lose ~60A capability of a 0awg wire from increasing the length of the run from 15ft to 20ft.

So people will have different lengths of runs, different current generating abilities up front, and different amounts of rear battery support all for the same amp.

Archived