Inventors, Geniuses, And People Who Have Good Ideas Read Now.

I thought about all this for years myself, I HATE BUYING GAS, we dont need to buy gas

We need oil for 1 thing, to lubricate either a hydrogen engine, magnetic, and electric engines

The few engines I have thought of are hyrdogen for simplicity, simple to convert a old chevy v8 to hydrogen, and there is more water in the oceans, and ice than we will ever be able to use

Then, in another futuristic, yet thiesable possibility, but would be a government sponsored design is, Helium3

1 ton of helium 3 is about $5billion, easily the most expensive material on earth, well, the moon

That is why there is this big space race to get back to the moon

They say there is enough of H3 to power the whole USA for 1000years- it would be used in place of nuclear reactors

Something more down to earth, and easier, well, a mix of everyones ideas, and mine, was a multi angle engine, like the one with the cylinders all set at different degrees, in a 360 rotation, its the most efficient compression design. If the piston is a neo magnet, and the top of the compression chamber was a electro magnet that is charged by the wheels, which would have gerators built inside the hub assembly

The vehicle would need to start up and go, but a simple gas engine, or hydrogen engine would work fine

The cylinders would use a air intake to assist the pistons, would exit the back, and the air intake would be large, and have a butterfly to help with air intake amount

this car/engine system would rely on electro magnet engine, air compression, gas or hydrogen as a vehicle start engine and generator system

its honestly not that hard, just gotta be a pretty good machinist, and know physics pretty good

And the megnetic perpetual motion, I tried it, as many ways possible, its impossible, it dies out after a few minutes, the laws of physics will not alloy perpetual motion

I had access to thousands of magnets when I worked at the speaker shop, and tried it so many ways for a few years, best thing to accomplish is a magnetic ferris wheel that will start fast, and then just die out, and eventually freeze in position

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

1) Perpetual motion is IMPOSSIBLE. Do not argue, it is.

2) Hydrogen fucking rules. I put my weight behind converted internal combustion engines. Yes, they can be converted to Hydrogen. It does work, and there are no emmissions.

3) Oil companies are extremely powerful. To the point where people can dissappear.

4) HYDROGEN! IT'S CLEAN AND POWERFUL! SHIT SON! YOU WANT THIS MOTHERFUCKING GAS!

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Nothing will stop me driving my petrol powered car. The bigger, and more unefficient the motor is, the better. I'll drive a big car forever. Screw the governments and their scare tactics.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about slowing and stopping your wonderful perpetual motion machine... don't gloss over the issue of obtaining perpetual motion too much ;)

Hydrogen is where it's at. It's just unfortunate that it takes so much energy to separate the components of water - energy that will have to come from somewhere.

Really we just need to bite the bullet and spend billions of dollars developing enormous arrays of wind farms and solar panels. Build them out at sea so the hippies don't complain about them being ugly.

Also tidal generation.

Then once we have this enormous amount of energy being produced, we just have to find a way to store it so it's easily released again... so cars will either have to run natively on electricity or we'll have to use the electricity to convert water into hydrogen - unfortunately the direct electricity one is looking better, as nice clean water is eventually going to become a scarce thing.

We need to focus less on 'it costs me too much to fill my gas tank' and work more on 'we're going to run out of oil, and when we do, we're fucked!!'

People are so hung up on cost. I'm no tree hugging hippie but you have to be pretty blind to not see that it's going to get very very expensive, unless we want the world to have problems bigger than expensive petrol in a few generations.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Right, had a quick skim over this thread, and heres my 2p.

Perpetual Motion (the Magnet idea) - not possible, VERY basic physics dictates this, if it was that simple I'm sure somebody would have done it by now.

The Oil Companies Conspiricy - is balls, the reason they hold a lot of patents for possible alternatives to oil is because they are investing $millions into attempting to make those alternatives work, some are getting pretty close too ;). We ARE running out of oil, there is no escaping this and even if we do find more, the rate at which we are consuming it is staggering, the Oil Companies know this, and what are they going to sell after the Oil dries up? they're simply too big and profitable as it is to just give up and shut down, they're looking at their own future as much as ours.

Hydrogen- it's bloody brilliant stuff, BUT there are still a few major issues to iron out before it's good to go, whoever manages to create a foolproof, safe and inexpensive way of providing and storing it in the HUGE volumes needed is going to be VERY rich, I just wish I was clever enough to think it up myself :lol:

The subwoofer idea- LOL. <- I'm tempted to leave it at that, but I'll elaborate, the loudspeaker design itself is SO inefficient that you'd need to have a lot of energy available in order to make it work, it's simply not going to happen.

Air- It's a fine idea on the surface, but again we'd need a MASSIVE available supply of compressed air, getting the air compressed to the pressure needed, in the volumes needed is either going to use massive amounts of fossil fuels, or put extra strain on the electricity supplies, again, either using fossil fuels, or putting a LOT of strain on all those shiny new windmills.

Electricity/Hybrid- Again, nice idea short term, but still rely on massive amounts of electricity that still needs to be generated/stored, this creates a fairly big problem in itself. Hybrids aren't as efficient as a lot of manufacterers will try and convince you, they may be slightly better on fuel, but the electricity that powers the motors still has to be generated via the engine, and stored in the batteries which is a quite inefficient process in itself, and when there's no petrol left, you're stuck when it comes to running an engine to charge the batts to move the thing, also mining for the materials needed to create these batteries, and motors is extremely bad for the enviroment (I'd rather drive a Range Rover than a Prius to make an enviromental statement for this very reason...)

I'm sure the major players will think of something in time. Like I said I'd expect the final solution to come long before the oil stocks get too low, just in time for the alternatives to become REALLY profitable for those that make their money from Oil/Fossil fuels atm...

ok so hydrogen is great but it takes alot to separate the hydrogen and oxygen

how about nitrogen? our air is composed of about 80% nitrogen. so suppose we create a device that can harvest the nitrogen in the air and use it as fuel. of course there will be nitro stations but there should be a harvesting thing on the car too. just for more fuel

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

isnt nitrogen, and argon, some of the most inert gases known?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived