Spl lab help!

I find this really odd, maybe to some it's normal but I found my peak freq with my friends spl meter. It's on his laptop and my peak said 30hz. So I played other freq and most of them are louder then what I meter at 30hz. With my old subs it would say 31hz but I would burp at 35hz and it's louder, like that shoukd of been my peak.

With new subs it seems 37 and 41hz are the loudest when I was messing with it so idk if my friend doesn't have something set right on his spl lap or what. Hope it doesn't sound like a dumb question

Peak what. Enclosure vehicle or combined peak.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I mean you said old subs, and now you got new subs. That is going to be a huge change in your peak burp frequency. It may go back down a little bit as your new subs loosen up, but chances of it being the same as your old peak with your old subs is highly unlikely. Even though the box is the same and the woofers are of the same size and possibly the same impedance coils, things like suspension stiffness, the moving mass, the bl of the motor is all going to be different.

Just because something may sound louder to the ear, it doesn't mean it is either the mind will play tricks with you.

Finding your actual peak can be time consuming.

Usually I do a quick sweep at medium volume and another one a little higher to see if that peak changes, then I will go back and burp each frequency 5hz below and 5hz above that peak from the sweep to see if its still the same, most the time its not. Once I find the new peak I turn it up a little more and do the same test, and if that number is still the same I then give it a full volume burp. I will even burp a couple hz below and above that at full volume as well.

Along with writing down every single burp at what freq what volume and what the meter said.

Archived