Sundown Audio

Amp Issue Rockford P500X2

sundownaudio

i have a Rockford Fosgate P500X2 bridge at 4 ohms playing two Eminence delta 10A Mid range speakers, my issue is it gets hot really quickly i'll post some pictures of my set up below. oh and i have a stock alternator

my headunit is a Pioneer DEH-X7600HD and when i turn up 15/30 volume, the amp starts to get hot after 10-15 mins or so, i have checked the grounds, its grounded on the chassis which i sanded the paint off, i dont know what else to do guys. also i dont have acesss to a DD1, My other amps doesnt have this problem

1icsjl.jpg

2hyuzb7.jpg

2s022ag.jpg

2ln8u8n.jpg23tmnax.jpg

You are probably clipping every single amp you have, if i look at the level output on the clarion and the RF amp it looks to high..

Especially the subwoofer amplifier.

Did you set the gains/level output as specified in the manual of the Clarion?

SettiSetting the Front Output Level
Before setting front level controls, disconnect both the rear output and the
subwoofer output and follow the directions below
1.Turn the output control level to the minimum setting.
2.Turn the amplifier gain controls to the minimum setting.
3.Turn the source unit on and increase the volume until distortion is heard,
then reduce volume to just below this point.
NOTE: This is the maximum usable musical signal forthis source unit. turning the volume beyond
this point will increase noise and distortion without an increase in musical signal. If you can increase
the source unit volume to maximum without audible disortion, raise the output level controls slightly
and begin again.
With the amplifier gains still at minimum and the source unit set at
maximum volume without distortion, raise the front output level control
until distortion is heard, then reduce gain to just below this point. This is the
maximum output level for this system. For best performance do not
increase beyond this point.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You are probably clipping every single amp you have, if i look at the level output on the clarion and the RF amp it looks to high..

Especially the subwoofer amplifier.

Did you set the gains/level output as specified in the manual of the Clarion?

SettiSetting the Front Output Level
Before setting front level controls, disconnect both the rear output and the
subwoofer output and follow the directions below
1.Turn the output control level to the minimum setting.
2.Turn the amplifier gain controls to the minimum setting.
3.Turn the source unit on and increase the volume until distortion is heard,
then reduce volume to just below this point.
NOTE: This is the maximum usable musical signal forthis source unit. turning the volume beyond
this point will increase noise and distortion without an increase in musical signal. If you can increase
the source unit volume to maximum without audible disortion, raise the output level controls slightly
and begin again.
With the amplifier gains still at minimum and the source unit set at
maximum volume without distortion, raise the front output level control
until distortion is heard, then reduce gain to just below this point. This is the
maximum output level for this system. For best performance do not
increase beyond this point.

the clip light doesnt come on the amp unless i turn up beyond 20+ volume, everythings sounds nice and crisp its only the overheating problem

Personally I wouldnt use the crossover as your amp or headunit should be able to do the exact same thing, if you use it then dont max it out. If the amp is getting hot it could be the fact you have it bridged and its an A/B, hence making more heat as it tries to put out more power and im sure you're not to friendly with the bass knob (just a guess). Nice setup looking setup by the way.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Just because the amps clip light doesn't light up until that volume doesn't mean that your clarion crossover isn't clipping the signal, just that your amp isn't clipping the signal until then. But I agree with jcarter. Class A/B, plus bridged, extra heat

If you're not having voltage issues, or it's not shutting off, don't worry about the heat. Class A/B is better for signal reproduction, Class D is better for efficiency (less heat). But the majority of small amps, or multi-channel amps, are going to be class A/B. Unless you begin to have other issues, the heat from that amp isn't really anything to worry about. Or build a little enclosure for it with a couple of push-pull fans

Archived