Second Skin Audio

PVC aero ports

Zbak

I was going to make a 6 inch pvc aero port with about a 1 inch flare. Just wondering if that would be large enough for 2 12 inch with and Xmas of 14mm (50xmech)

I'm new to aero and with one 6 inch I would have only about 9 inch per cubic foot thanks if anyone has experience with making these

What size is the box and how much power are you going to run? A single 6" aero isn't enough port area for two 12"s in most situations IMHO, but sometimes its fine for low power stuff.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

What size is the box and how much power are you going to run? A single 6" aero isn't enough port area for two 12"s in most situations IMHO, but sometimes its fine for low power stuff.

I heard that if I flare the port I can use a 6 inch because it has larger port area

Could you do 8" port? I think that would be spot on, and a common combination with two 12"s.

I heard that if I flare the port I can use a 6 inch because it has larger port area

When you flare a 6" port, its still a 6" port, the flare just lets you get away with a little higher port velocity before bad things start happening.

It looks like your amp probably puts out somewhere around 1200 watts, so a single 6" port isn't going to cut it. You could run two 6" ports or you could go to an 8" port like zxsonnyxz suggested. Either should work well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived