Zbak Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 I was going to make a 6 inch pvc aero port with about a 1 inch flare. Just wondering if that would be large enough for 2 12 inch with and Xmas of 14mm (50xmech) I'm new to aero and with one 6 inch I would have only about 9 inch per cubic foot thanks if anyone has experience with making these
Joe X Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 The length of the port is going to depend on the net volume of your box and the tuning frequency you pick.
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 What size is the box and how much power are you going to run? A single 6" aero isn't enough port area for two 12"s in most situations IMHO, but sometimes its fine for low power stuff. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted August 23, 2015 Report Posted August 23, 2015 Op it would be best if you posted what subs are you using and what tuning you are picking.
Zbak Posted August 23, 2015 Author Report Posted August 23, 2015 Okay thank you everyone for fast replies. My setup is 2 12 inch TXX bd2 12 (audio pipe) on a Rockville 4000 (1000-2000) rms My goal is a 34 hertz tuned frequency (would this be good do you think)
Zbak Posted August 24, 2015 Author Report Posted August 24, 2015 In a 4.4 cubic foot box with displacement
Zbak Posted August 24, 2015 Author Report Posted August 24, 2015 What size is the box and how much power are you going to run? A single 6" aero isn't enough port area for two 12"s in most situations IMHO, but sometimes its fine for low power stuff. I heard that if I flare the port I can use a 6 inch because it has larger port area
zxsonnyxz Posted August 24, 2015 Report Posted August 24, 2015 Could you do 8" port? I think that would be spot on, and a common combination with two 12"s. STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 24, 2015 Report Posted August 24, 2015 I heard that if I flare the port I can use a 6 inch because it has larger port area When you flare a 6" port, its still a 6" port, the flare just lets you get away with a little higher port velocity before bad things start happening. It looks like your amp probably puts out somewhere around 1200 watts, so a single 6" port isn't going to cut it. You could run two 6" ports or you could go to an 8" port like zxsonnyxz suggested. Either should work well. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted August 24, 2015 Report Posted August 24, 2015 On a 4.4 net enclosure 3 4" ports 16.34" long each will result in a 34Hz tuning with enough port area for those subs.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.