Second Skin Audio

Cones and dustcaps.

kmb504

First off, please don't bash me if this seems like a stupid question to you. Can you paint a dust cap and/or cone? Will it effect the sub or sq? If you can, what type of paint would you use? I've got some ab vfls and the gold cone is just an eye sore to me. The cone itself is woven kevlar with some type of sealer over it.

Yes you can paint them.
Shouldn't effect the play of the woofer unless you do a million coats of paint which will add extra mass to the moving parts which will make the woofer have a slightly lower FS.

You can use pretty much any paint you want. spray paint would be fine. Just be sure to mask everything off nicely.

Yes you can paint them.

Shouldn't effect the play of the woofer unless you do a million coats of paint which will add extra mass to the moving parts which will make the woofer have a slightly lower FS.

You can use pretty much any paint you want. spray paint would be fine. Just be sure to mask everything off nicely.

I never even thought about that. Shweeet.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Paint them gold. Then count the hones.

horns?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm