active crossover help deh80prs

The rule of thumb of double fs is for the absolute lowest point you should cross them at, you can cross higher if you desire.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

tweeters our 50 rms and I'm running 80 rms to them. Going to turn the gain down a little bit more and crossover to 3.15k just to be safe. Because I play my system loud.

Arc Audio said that midsummer play to 3k so scared to cross them higher then 2.5k.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

What's the fs of the tweeter?

This was the right question. For those that don't know, general rule of thumb for minimum tweeter high pass crossover frequency on rated power is double the Fs.

How do u know ur stressing the speakers. Sorry New to this active crossover stuff. I lowered my tweeters to 2.5 and my miss to 2.5 sounds Better set them both with steep slopes. Broke audio addict how do you find fs of tweeter?

Better be careful with them at 2.5kHz. Wouldn't go over rated power. Also, why is your mid HPF at 12dB/octave, but your sub LPF at 30dB/octave?

Ask crescendo(if they even know).

see you next year

Bro, didn't you have issues with these tweeters?

they sound good. but got a few sets that were DOA.. im not going to talk smack because they did get back at me quick and offered to replace them.. my brother lagged it with his and never got to ship them back.. rts-1 tweeters are good though

I like the sound of them I love silk tweeters. Sound really on guitars and other stuff. Just have to play with this hu to get it to sound the way I want. Anyone with this hu do the auto eq/ta and have good results

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

The auto T/A didn't sound good to me in my Tahoe. I took what it set and tweaked it to my liking. The auto EQ gave it a very warm sound that I can not seem to recreate, but it's not for the high volume levels I use, as it boosts some frequencies, and I'd prefer to have none boosted, only lowered. But it's a work in progress.

Ya I ta it by rough guessing for distance sounds decent. Will tweak more and tweaked eq more sounds way better now as with anything needs morework but it's a whole lot better then it was. Is there any sq type guys that live in or around Chicago area that could help me tweak this better?

Don't guess the distance just get the tape measure out and measure it to get a starting point.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived