Second Skin Audio

Guess What I Bought?

Guest Powered By Hate

Guest Powered By Hate

A fat local dope head delivered an atomic APX 15 (used of course) for 350 bucks.. It works too =] I plugged it into the wall.. After the dog ran away I figured my first act of sonic terrorism was a success. All I need now is alot of wood, math, and concrete..

What I dont understand is why everyone recomends I start small.. Why? Starting small sucks. I want to compete!

So the tally is

1 MA hk802sx 4400w @ 18.1

1 Atomic APX dual .7 ohm 20kw 15 (not stolen, he has 4.. just happens to be a dope head in need of money. )

6 DEKA 1131XMF 1000 CCA each

2 copper bus bars

1 Alpine CD player

1 infiniti componets set (4, 6.5's and two tweeters)

1 Soundstreem rubicon lil wonder amp on mids and highs

1 1996 Honda civic hatchback, gutted.

I'd say I'm 15% of the way there... Finding a class is going to be hard to squeese into.

What else do I need?

Here she is.. Mmm..

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/P...=Picture005.jpg

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/P...=Picture003.jpg

Guest Powered By Hate
yikes 350 for a used sub that was likely stolen?

Well spending a thousand dollars on a new one sounded good.. but I want an 18 not a 15.. kinda sold myself short. Either way I needed something to get the show on the road..

I plugged it into the wall.. After the dog ran away I figured my first act of sonic terrorism was a success.

Thats hilarious, I almost rolled out of my chair when i read that....."the dog ran away". :D

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

if you do db drag you should be in street b if im not mistaken.

4 8's, 3 10's, 2 12's, or 1 15.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

With 6 batteries and a Civic full of concrete, I somehow don't think so...

didnt know all that.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

My suggestion is to find another Atomic motor, then recone to 12s. Run 2 12s in Street B. Would be a fun class... Its a good class for people who just started competing, but that definately doesnt mean its a newbie class. Theres people doin well over a 160 in Street B.

Id say stick with that for a while until you understand how SPL works. That way you dont put a ton of time and money into a wall with like 4 18s for Superstreet and only pull like a 145 and get crushed by someone with 2 10s in Street A. Ive seen it happen before... Not pretty.

You got a good start on equipment. I see you're in Florida, as well. Come out to some shows and check out the classes. Theres a show April 20th (tomorrow) in Tampa at Excess Autosports.

Get the info at www.floridaspl.com Everything you need is on the forum under Florida Events.

Archived