Ok one of my guys at the shop I work at is selling some handguns(his brother is getting divorced and he didn't want his ex-wife to get them so he transferred them over to my guy I work with to sell a couple). So I'm looking at a 9mm he has... just a cheapo, bust something to start off with. I know it has to be registered with the local police department? correct?

Now here is the question... my drivers lisense says a different city than I live in... it says my parents address, but I live away at school and have for the past three years. What police department would I have to goto? the one back home or the one at school?

ahh i'm lost, the state is michigan.... http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/pu...ns/firearms.pdf i found that but have no clue what i'm looking for.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

If your address of record is at your parents I would call the P.D. there and ask them. Worse comes to worse you get a new D.L. with the new (school) address on it

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Why not just call the local police department and ask? They can answer all your questions better than a lot of people in different states since laws can very some.

I found a gun in my attic and found out you don't need to be registered at all here in South Carolina- I sold the gun and everything with 0 paperwork.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Can I ask what school you're at cause I know a lot of schools have a no weapon policy in the dorms. unless you are off campus

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

what the fuck?!! u guys get to take fire arms to college?!! :blink::D thas mental!! sorry, i'm from England where this type of ting doesn't happen much... so what are the rules den? i couldn't, say if i lived over your way, do a pylon mounted 30mm Phalanx with subsequent control gear in a pickup could i? :D that would be the tits. u could evaporate car jackers at 500yards! birds wouldn't even get close to poo'ing in my ride! and as for police helicopters..well :D jus kidding guys, Henry ^_^

Live, eat, breath low frequency reproduction. Friend of all the creatures in the sea!

Can I ask what school you're at cause I know a lot of schools have a no weapon policy in the dorms. unless you are off campus

Fuck I haven't lived on campus in three years... haha

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

9's are nice. If you just wanna piss of the guy you shoot....

If you have a foid then just writing up transaction sheet will work... FOID #, gun's serial # etc...

They don't use FOIDs in michigan.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

They don't use FOIDs in michigan.

If your parents address is still your address then thats the address you use. No need to change your license, unless your school address is now your permanant address, i.e. you dont go home to the parents for school breaks or dont use that address as your CC billing addresses or anything.

Administrator of fiberglassforums.com

9's are nice. If you just wanna piss of the guy you shoot....

I hope this is a joke, cause apparently not much experience is had from a comment like this.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD