Alt whine or fuel pump?

Imo you need to re ground directly to the frame. Sheet metal just isn't good enough. And I think it's better to have a dedicated ground per wire, could be wrong though?

Unibody, no frame but it is at a very solid point of the body. I'll wait for someone else to chime in on the separate ground/amp before I try that if you aren't positive as I've read conflicting opinions on that.

You sir have a ground loop problem.

Hook everything back up, Run a ground wire from your front battery to that distribution block and tell me if the noise goes away.

Even just a temporary jumper through the window is fine.

The distro block is a +.

Oh I thought you meant you had one for both.

Is Your factory battery in the trunk?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah, I was going to say ground loop as well.

In my Bimmer, I have my bi-amp set up connected directly to the battery, (+) & (-) terminals.

Where are your crossovers? Are they screwed into the door sheet metal or velcro'ed on? Or are they in the back, and you ran the wires to the doors?

I wonder if you're having some sort of interference since you traced it down to the speaker leads connecting/disconnecting(?).

-Frank

You're going to have to run another speaker wire clear to the crossovers, over the seats and carpet separate from what you ran underneath your carpet to rule out interference of the speaker wires currently coming from the amps.

Also, if you have a spare speaker, wire it to the crossover to rule out the wiring leaving the crossover to the door components.

Also run another set of RCAs coming from the head unit, running over the seats to the amp to rule out the current RCA run as well.

-Frank

Crossovers are near the firewall in a gap between center console and blower vent, unfortunately that area also houses the main fuse panel for the car so I'm sure some interference in getting in from all that electrical there.

Archived