what size fuse do i use?

I don't understand how to figure out what size fuse to use.should i use a diode?I know how to run the wires.where can i get more info about this?(diode?)I have never ran fans before.

1 relay

4 3inch fans .15ma each

1 dc90.4

2 dc2k

1 thermoswitch

you did not list a wire size.... fusing goes by the wire size.... you first figure out what size wire will work with the setup.. you need anything larger than the amp draw then fuse accordingly.... fuses protect the car from fire caused by the wire lighting up, not to protect the equipment from damage

Should i run amp remote separate from fans?what is safer?is 14 ofc gauge ok about 10-12ft from radio to amps and fans.

Fuse block to fans is about 1-2ft

you did not list a wire size.... fusing goes by the wire size.... you first figure out what size wire will work with the setup.. you need anything larger than the amp draw then fuse accordingly.... fuses protect the car from fire caused by the wire lighting up, not to protect the equipment from damage

no.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

lets say the amp shorts out internally and it draws 250a. you have a 2/0 thats rated 700a and you fuse it at 700a.. what will stop that amp from shorting out and going up in flames?

lets say the amp shorts out internally and it draws 250a. you have a 2/0 thats rated 700a and you fuse it at 700a.. what will stop that amp from shorting out and going up in flames?

im not saying fuse to the largest draw a wire can handle.... but also dont fuse for what the equiptment needs because it may be larger than the wires burning point... the op didnt list a wire size just what fuse should I use... he could have been running 18awg primary cable and someone might have said throw a 50 on it... fuses generally blow at 20% higher than the rated amperage because they are designed to handle burst loads

I'd start with a 1 or 2 amp fuse and go from there, should be plenty though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived