Polar Posted September 11, 2015 Author Report Posted September 11, 2015 thats not bad actually, someone said to mount the mids on the pillars? 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
White Lightning Posted September 12, 2015 Report Posted September 12, 2015 I've never heard Alpine products that just didn't sound good. Especially their tweeters. I'm assuming you have them passive on that 4 channel. Honesty brother ... I'd optimise what you have now before buying new equipment that may or may not give you better results than what you have now. Like using your 4 channel amplifier for what it was meant for ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 12, 2015 Report Posted September 12, 2015 Those type e's do sound horrible at least in my opinion, the tweeters are really harsh. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Carnines Posted September 12, 2015 Report Posted September 12, 2015 thats not bad actually, someone said to mount the mids on the pillars? Tweeters and mids sound good close together in the a pillar.
Polar Posted September 14, 2015 Author Report Posted September 14, 2015 Thanks,they are a bit harsh to my ears. Im going to try to run my amp 4 channel mode powering the tweets and the mids on their own channels and see how that does first. 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
Polar Posted September 14, 2015 Author Report Posted September 14, 2015 so, did I just make a mistake? ordered 2 of Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome Tweeter 's and 2 Dayton 6.5 mid bass and deadener. The alps are killing me, dont think active will help them. Ive read and heard a lto of great reviews on both the Vifa's and the Daytons 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
Michael568 Posted September 14, 2015 Report Posted September 14, 2015 I think I'm in the same boat. I listen to techno and dubstep. Mine is Alpine and Jl Audio. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200616-2014-camaro/#entry3027929
Polar Posted September 15, 2015 Author Report Posted September 15, 2015 I love my Crescendo Mezzo components but they took a little tuning to get right. The tweets are a bit strong but overall great sound and volume. Pro audio typically will get louder though, I used to have the Crescendo pwx6.5 and loved them, little weaker mid bass but i was lazy on the install too. As far as running tweets on other channels, yes you can. That amp has a high pass filter up to 4500hz. So channel 1 & 2 could be tweets, channel 3 & 4 are mids. why do people keep telling me I cant do this with my amp!!!!! can I or cant I? 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
Polar Posted September 16, 2015 Author Report Posted September 16, 2015 so I scratched the upgrading the mids and highs, luckily I was able to cancel the order. Instead after many hours of research and advice Ive come to realize that Im choking myself off starting at my head unit which is an old JVC kd-x 200 or whatever it is. Ive decided to spnd the coin on the deh80prs and deadener in which I have ZERO in my doors. Im going to see if I can get the most out of my mids and highs going active with what I have. I still will upgrade the mids and highs eventually but this is a great starting point for me as I hated the JVC and its lack of tuning abilities. 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.