Battery terminals

Looking for some terminals for shca 2/0 wire I cam across 058071 Velvac terminals and for <15 bucks a pair I was wondering if they would work. They would be used inside my truck (04 trailblazer) on a second battery I don't care that they are ugly as I'm gona make (or buy) a battery box to hide the battery

Thanks in advance

Link http://www.finditparts.com/products/505829/velvac-058071

Them terminals will not fit sky high 2/0 unless you cut a lot of strands off the wire..

See those terminals say they fit 2/0 wire, but sky highs 2/0 wire is not 2/0.

Its actually 4/0 gauge wire, much larger than 2/0.

Why they called it 2/0 wire when its not is beyond me.

The only benefit of calling it that is to make people think that they are getting larger gauge wire than they paid for so its as if the wire is "underrated".

There has been so many people that bought terminals not understanding that and got the wrong size due to just that reason alone.

If anything you could buy some 4/0 ring terminals and use those bolts on the terminals you linked to attach the ring terminals too.

Them terminals will not fit sky high 2/0 unless you cut a lot of strands off the wire..

See those terminals say they fit 2/0 wire, but sky highs 2/0 wire is not 2/0.

Its actually 4/0 gauge wire, much larger than 2/0.

Why they called it 2/0 wire when its not is beyond me.

The only benefit of calling it that is to make people think that they are getting larger gauge wire than they paid for so its as if the wire is "underrated".

There has been so many people that bought terminals not understanding that and got the wrong size due to just that reason alone.

If anything you could buy some 4/0 ring terminals and use those bolts on the terminals you linked to attach the ring terminals too.

I was told to avoid ring terminals if at all possible (true?) That's why I was looking for a setscrew or direct crimping like those (or these 4/0 ones http://crimpsupply.com/6-4-0-ga-no-crimp-three-way-positive-lead-battery-terminals.html?gclid=CMyoy6289scCFZOGaQodSPMLNg) I admit I had heard the 2/0 was more like 4/0 but I chalked it up to exaggeration

If you have the SHCA 2/0 wire, why not just get the terminals they sell instead of trying to fit their wire into someone else's terminal. Normally you'd be cutting wire like AudioFanaticz mentioned which is pointless. If you spent the money on the wire don't cheap out on a few terminals. If you need a crimper for them then go on Ebay or Amazon and look up "Temco lug crimper tool". Its only $18 and works great. I've had no issues crimping their 2/0 lugs and would recommend it.

If you have the SHCA 2/0 wire, why not just get the terminals they sell instead of trying to fit their wire into someone else's terminal. Normally you'd be cutting wire like AudioFanaticz mentioned which is pointless. If you spent the money on the wire don't cheap out on a few terminals. If you need a crimper for them then go on Ebay or Amazon and look up "Temco lug crimper tool". Its only $18 and works great. I've had no issues crimping their 2/0 lugs and would recommend it.

Don't tell someone to buy that shit crimper. OP buy a hydraulic crimper or learn to solder.

Ring terminals or set screw, its your choice.

Id personally rather have ring terminals with a hydraulic crimp done.

There is no exaggeration, the wire is 4/0.

Just chiming in to second everything Brian said.

Click the link in my signature, ring terminals are just fine.

Shit, i'll paste it here incase you're on mobile.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177725-pics-of-shca-20-crimped-and-cut-open/

drupru22 - i only need 1 2/0 1 1/0 and 2 4ga outputs (both 4ga in one hole) the smallest shca has is 4 2/0 set screws or 4 ring terminals. and all i will say on the hammer crimp is it is a p.o.s. crimper that makes crimps the look like a p.o.s. (even with heat shrink) and wiggle out easy (personal experience) im going hydraulic if i crimp. thanks for the input

poorfish88 - see above also i can and have soldered but i was told to avoid ring terminals if possible (hence the pinch terminal) though from what i been seeing im prolly gona hydraulic crimp now thanks for the input

rockFord_Expedition - i was on mobile so thanks for the link. is this the crimper you have or is it more this style (your ebay link has no picture) thanks for the input

p.s now i need a distribution block for 1 shca 2/0 in and either 2 1/0 outs or 1 1/0 and 2 4ga outs any ideas?

Don't think you're getting more than two ring terminals around those bolts.....maybe two. Just buy some decent battery terminals rather than cheaping out. And a hydraulic crimper starts at like 45 bucks. So there's ZERO reason to buy one of the manual hammer pieces of crap.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived