In Search Of A New Laptop

Im looking for a new laptop and need some suggestions, im looking for a thin and light laptop that will be easy to carry to classes, i want at least 2gb ram and 100+gb hd im looking for a small screen as well between 12in and 14in. and i would like it to be able to have a decent amount of battery life at least 4 hrs worth. might be cool also to have a tablet pc cause touch screens are so sweet but thats not entirely necessary. oh and another big thing NO MACS!!!! lol theyre cool and all but ive had way too many issues with them plus too many compatibility issues and dont want to go through the hassle. im not worried about viruses i protect myself well enough. I dont want a gaming laptop so dont post any 40lb laptops that have a handlebar and roll on wheels. helpz me finds a laptop!!!

that weighs nearly 8lbs lol im going to pass on that i used to have a 17in laptop that weighed 8lbs and that got annoying real quick basically sat on my desk and didnt move at all. im ONLY interested in a thin and light laptop, nothing else.

i have a nice desktop for the heavy stuff so no need for a desktop replacement laptop.

Edited by Amalan

well this one is 5 pounds and screen size fits your recommendations, shit ton of ram, and 250 hard drive, im even thinkin about buyin this haha

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...kard-_-34147662

i'm on an HP pavillion dv6000 2gb ram 2.0ghz processor 160HD 15.4 screen and i have had minimal problems with the entire setup. one of the highlights of this unit is the speakers which routinely beat out every macbook pro's speakers ^_^

in my household we have a 10" Dell, 13.5" Gateway, and my 15.4" HP and my speed and picture clarity are better than both i have experience with.

lastly, i carry my laptop everyday to all my classes and i never notice the weight.

thats my experience! hope helps

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

try looking at Dell's Inspiron Laptops those are decent and cheap and light =)

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

macbook's are thin and light but there expensive. also if i got that id def partition that shit and put windows on there.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/