Sonic Electronix

lol burn.

But reedal nailed it. If it's adjusting the entire signal AND the amp's gain/deck's volume were set while the knob was all the way up, then it should never be a problem to have.

I can't hate on the shop though. They know too damn well that kids crank that fuggin knob, distort the living hell out of the signal, fry their damn subs in a week, then come back blaming the shop and talking all that shit to their friends.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

If yours had RCA in and out, I'd use it. Just the way I said, knob turned all the way up during install, that way you can't increase the signal at all. But be aware, if the shop has any kind of warranty on your install, the moment you detach and cables/wires and put it in line with your RCA's, that warranty will probably be void, especially since they already told you what they think of knobs.

Not all are created equal. Just because it had RCA in/out doesnt mean it doesnt mud up the signal

I guess you didn't read the part in my first post where I said it should installed before setting amplifier gain. My apologies for not stating it again.

Installing it and adjusting your gains properly/accordingly is a completely different topic from wether or not the thing does harm to the signal.

Ok. Well you can tell me how using a tool that shows distortion (oscope, dd-1, Marconi, etc.) to set amplifier gains wouldn't show you harm to the signal

i wont run with out a pac knob,... no way no how. I love it, and wouldnt run with out one.

I run 3 LC-1's . 1 for subs, 1 for my 8's and 1 for my mids and tweets

PAC for the win?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Archived