Bad idea? double stacking off fuse block

2/0 to fuse holder, 1/0 from other side of fuse holder to fused distribution block, 1/0 and 4ga out to amps from distribution block.

Or a 2/0 to 1/0 reducer into a fused distribution block.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Put a 300a fuse next to your battery, run the 2/0 through your truck with that.

Then to your fuse block by the amp: Hook up your run of 0 gauge pre-fuse and your run of 4ga post fuse. Install a 150a fuse in this location.

When it's all said and done your 2/0 and 0 gauge will be fused for 300a as they should, and your 4ga is fused for 150 as it should. If need be I can draw up a diagram for you

So when running a 2k amp you should fuse that run at 300 amps for what reason?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Put a 300a fuse next to your battery, run the 2/0 through your truck with that.

Then to your fuse block by the amp: Hook up your run of 0 gauge pre-fuse and your run of 4ga post fuse. Install a 150a fuse in this location.

When it's all said and done your 2/0 and 0 gauge will be fused for 300a as they should, and your 4ga is fused for 150 as it should. If need be I can draw up a diagram for you

please do.

2k is not internally fused, I might add.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

All you need is a fused distribution block and a 2/0 to 1/0 reducer and this problem is solved.

really don't want to drop $100+ on a set of reducers, and a fused distro... Or a $60 set of distro's. Trying to make by with stuff I have laying around that I ordered last year for my Volvo but never used.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

So when running a 2k amp 0 gauge you should fuse that run at 300 amps for what reason?

It really baffles my mind as to why you guys fuse for the wire size.

Why fuse for more than what you need?

Kinda seems foolish.

FOT972A_zpsdxusv2iv.jpg

You could use smaller fuses in either location if you want, however not larger. Hopefully this makes sense?

Archived